UPSC preliminary mock test 1
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Which of the following were the main objectives of the Khilafat movement?
- To rouse anti-British feelings among the Muslims of India
- To reform the Muslim society
- To demand separate electorates and preserve the Khilafat
- To save the Ottoman empire and preserve the Khilafat.
I and II
II and III
III and IV
I and IV
The earnings of India from diamond export is quite high. Which one of the following factors has contributed to it?
Pre-independence stock-piling of diamonds in the country which are now exported
Large production of industrial diamonds in the country
Expertise available for cutting and polishing of imported diamonds which are then exported
As in the past, India produces huge quantity of gem diamonds which are exported
When the Couple Protection Rate is going up
birth rate must necessarily fall
birth rate will fall only if couples are of younger age
death rate must necessarily fall
infant mortality rate must be falling
With reference to the sub-tropical high pressure belt, consider the following statements:
- It is affected by Earth's rotation and descent of winds from higher altitudes.
- It is dynamically induced and characterized with anti-cyclonic conditions.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Atmospheric pressure exerted on earth is due to:
Gravitational pull of the earth
Rotation of earth
Revolution of earth
Uneven heating of earth
There are 5 questions to complete.