The National Eligibility Test (NET) is one the most important and in-demand entrance exam conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility for Assistant Professor only or Junior Research Fellowship & Eligibility for Assistant Professor Both in Indian Universities and Colleges in our country. NET JRF is one of the most demanding certificates at prestigious Indian institutes . NET ( National Eligibility Test) is one of the ways to get into teaching job or in PhD in top institutes.
Every year around 12 Lakh candidates apply for NET exam and very few of them manage to ace the exam with good score. So the competition is clearly very tough and simply preparing without any strategy will make it difficult to get the NET JRF certificate.
gatecseit brings you a complete guide and preparation strategy to crack the NET 2019 with flying rank. We’ll guide you through out the whole course, from starting your NET preparation Mock test to how to answer NET questions and syllabus.
- Analyze NET syllabus: Start with analyzing the NET syllabus. Start divide and Conquer, try to break the syllabus into sub-categories and do the same with each subject further. It will help you to prioritize subjects and important topics in each subject. After doing this, you will get a clear insight into where you stand and how far is left to cover. Analyzing syllabus will also help you to understand about the important subjects and pattern of NET exam.
- Start preparing today : Time is like money, so spend it wisely. The best time to start your NET preparation is today, just after completing this read. Just pick one of the subjects you feel good and start the preparation. You may start with some easy and scoring subjects like Teaching aptitude, Research aptitude , ICT or General knowledge and Current affairs (totally depends on individual). After completing first subject and its previous NET questions, you can immediately pick the second subject. As soon as two subjects are completely covered, you will start feeling more confident.
After completing one subject, the immediately next task should be solving previously asked NET questions of that subject. It will help you to uncover weak topics; try to recover those weak topics and resolve those questions.
- Follow a disciplined schedule : Make a schedule and follow it at any cost, literally. Decide a fixed number of hours for your NTA NET preparation and complete it daily; remember, consistency is a compulsion here. Maybe print a calendar from starting day to intended course completion day and stick it front of your study table. Every day you completed those hours, mark the date with green pen and do the same with red pen if you missed.
- Take running notes while studying: Note down the important points in notebook while covering the topics. It will definitely help you in revisions. Decide one day in a week to revise one of your previously completed subjects and use your NTA NET notes.
- Subjects easy to score: There are few subjects which are easier to score, like Data interpretation, Logical reasoning , Reading comprehension and Aptitude. These three subjects cover 35-40% of complete NET paper 1. Try not to leave these subjects uncovered as they are high scoring and will help to boost your NET JRF score.
- Track your preparation periodically: Solve previous NET question for each subject. It will help you to recall and revise the subjects. We highly recommend giving NET subject-wise Test series since these tests are build on learning while solving approach.
- Revise and practice are keys to NTA NET : After completing each subject, start revising each subject thoroughly. Revise the subject then solve previous year NET questions and take subject-wise tests. Remember, the only keys to score good AIR is revise and practice more.
- Take Mock Tests: At this final stage of preparation, practicing quality questions before attempting actual NET will boost your confidence and improve your problem-solving speed. gatecseit has specially designed for NET Mock tests, which will help in boosting your NET score. Questions in these Mock Test resembles with NET actual questions and will give the NET aspirants trailer before the Film.
- Time management is important: Keep following the schedule for this long time won’t be an easy task. Though, you can achieve it with time management. Dividing time for each subject and topics will be very helpful. Wasting time is the worst thing any NET aspirant can do while preparation. Also, stay away from time killing machines like social media and random youtube surfing etc.
Anyway, no one can study the whole day; nor it is efficient. You can make a healthy hobby like reading Novels, watching comedy or animation movies or anything you truly like. Use this as a reward each time you finish the target.
- Stay motivated, but more inspired: Being motivated gives you energy to study and help you stay focused, so be motivated. But with passing one/ two-month motivation might decrease because of the efforts you are putting. Here, the inspiration comes into picture. Remember, motivation is an external force to keep you moving but Inspiration is something which comes from inside.
All The Best. HAPPY LEARNING
Let us now concentrate on few Important points :