Indian History Questions Answers 10000 MCQ.
Banabhatta, a great scholar, lived during the reign of
Until the late nineteenth century, literacy in Asia was:
confined to the upper class.
higher than in the West.
about the same as in the West.
The Mansabdari system of the Mughals was a complex system. Its efficient functioning depended upon:
- The practice of offering the title of 'Mansabdar' to military personnel only.
- Proper functioning of the dagh (branding) system.
- Proper functioning of the Jagirdari system.
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
In Which year was the title of Governor-general chanced to that of the Viceroy?
Consider the following statements
- The last Mauryan ruler, Brihadratha was assassinated by his commander-in-chief, Pushyamitra Sunga.
- The last Sunga king, Devabhuti was assassinated by his Brahman minister Vasudeva Kanva who usurped the throne.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Consider the following statements-
- Balwantrai Mehta was one of the persons chiefly responsible for the initiative to convene the All India. States People's conference in 1927.
- C. Rajagopalachari was chiefly responsible for persuading Mahatma Gandhi to decide to initiate the 'Individual Satyagraha.'
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Sultan who completed the conquest of the South and broke the political barriers between the North and the South was
Rig Veda is believed by the historians to have been written when it was
Beginning of IronAge
Who was the most trusted Advisor of Emperor Bahaudur Shah during the Revolt of 1857?
Prince Zawan Bakht
Prince Bakht Khan
Queen Zeenat Mahal
Which of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
Udiyanjeral: Chera King
Nedunjeliyan: Pandya King
Senganan: Chola King
Pari: Pahallava King
Which one of the following rulers of Magadha was the contemporary of Alexander, the great?
Who is called the ''Lokhitwadi''?
Mahadev Govind Ranade
Gopal Hari Deshmukh
The chief opponents of the Aryans were the indigenous people of non-Aryan origin known as Panis and Dasas or Dasyus. The factor which enabled the Aryans to emerge victorious in the struggle against the indigenous tribes was
Superior military equipment of the Aryans
Better organization among the Aryans
Lack of unity among the indigenous tribes
Jahandar ascended the throne after the death of
Bahadur Shah I
Consider the following passage and identify the three tribal principalities referred to therein using the code given below. In the early history of the far South in India, three tribal principalities are mentioned in Ashokan inscriptions of the third century BC and Kharavela inscription of the third century BC and Kharavela inscription of the first century BC.
Vakatakas, Cholas and Satvahanas
Cholas, Pandyas and Cheras
Ikshvakus, Vakatakas and Pandyas
Pallavas, Cholas and Pandyas
Alexander was the son of Philip II of.......
There are 16 questions to complete.