THE LIVING WORLD
Species living in different geographical areas are
Which one of the following is not correct statement?
Herbarium is the collection of dried, pressed and preserved plant specimens.
Botanical gardens have collection of living plants for reference.
A museum has collection of photographs of plants and animals.
Key is a taxonomic aid for identification of specimens.
An organism is in the same class but not in the same family. It may belong to same ..... [Orissa 2008]
Solanum melongena is:
Manuals contain information for:
Habitat and distribution of animals in a given area.
Habitat and distribution of plants found on earth.
Identification of names of species found in an area.
Habitat and distribution of some useful animals of a given area.
Consider the following statements regarding scientific name:
- The idea of binomial nomenclature was first introduced by Gaspard Bauhin.
- Scientific names are always in Greek.
- The first name in scientific name is generic name.
- Generic and specific name starts with small letters.
Phenetic classification is based on:
Observable characteristics of existing organisms.
Dendrogram based DNA characteristics.
As we go down from species to kingdom in a taxonomic hierarchy, the number of common characteristics:
May increase or decrease.
Species is a group of organisms that ..... [DPMT 1992]
non of above
Study the four statements (A-D) given below and select the two correct ones out of them : ..... [NEET 2016]
- Definition of biological species was given by Ernst Mayr.
- Photoperiod does not affect reproduction in plants.
- Binomial nomenclature system was given by R.H. Whittaker.
- In unicellular organisms, reproduction is synonymous with growth.
A and D
A and B
B and C
C and D
There are 10 questions to complete.