UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 46 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Genetic engineering can be used to create microorganisms specifically designed for bioremediation.
- Any contaminant with heavy metals such as cadmium and lead can be readily and completely treated by bioremediation using microorganisms.
1, 3, 4
1, 2, 4
- Bioremediation is the use of living microorganisms to degrade the environmental contaminants into less toxic forms.
- Bioremediation can be effective only where environmental conditions permit microbial growth and activity.
- Statement 3: This will be a standard practice in the industry in coming years. For e.g. Alcanivorax, a bacteria with oil-eating abilities, can be used to create species that are much more capable of cleaning oil spills.
- Bio-remediation is a slow process, so. Heavy metals such as cadmium and lead are NOT readily absorbed or captured by microorganisms.
Question 47 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Both 1 and 2 only
Neither 1 and 2
Question 48 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 49 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Educate people in villages about the government's efforts in eradication of Open Defecation, and make attempts at behavioural change.
Realise former President Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam's vision of transformation of rural India.
Reach out to minorities, particularly Muslims, to create awareness among them about the government's policies and programmes.
Create awareness among the rural populace about government policies and programmes.
September 29th, 2016: "The Narendra Modi government will on Thursday launch Progress Panchayat, a campaign to reach out to the minorities, particularly Muslims, to create awareness in these communities about the government's policies and programmes and remove "fears and misconceptions" about the government."
Question 50 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicles
Polar Satellite Launch Vehicles
Reusable Launch Vehicles
Sounding rockets are one or two stage solid propellant rockets used for probing the upper atmospheric regions and for space research. They also serve as easily affordable platforms to test or prove prototypes of new components or subsystems intended for use in launch vehicles and satellites. With the establishment of the Thumba Equatorial Rocket Launching Station (TERLS) in 1963 at Thumba, a location close to the magnetic equator ( THIS image shows the magnetic equator in green), there was a quantum jump in the scope for aeronomy and atmospheric sciences in India.
ISRO has developed a series of sounding rockets called Rohini series, important among them being RH-200, RH-300 and RH-560, number in the name indicating the diameter of the rocket in mm.
Improvisation: 50 years of TERLS ;