UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 96 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Water, sanitation and hygiene
Promotion of waste segregation at source which will help River Ganga become 'healthy'
Reforming teacher training to impart basic environment education to students
Incentivising behavioural change
- Rotary International is an international service organization whose stated purpose is to bring together business and professional leaders in order to provide humanitarian services, encourage high ethical standards in all vocations, and to advance goodwill and peace around the world.
- Rotary India will support clean Ganga mission through their 'WASH in Schools' program in various schools. The program includes the implementation of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene services in the targeted government schools and sensitizing all the stakeholders including school children, teachers, school management communities and communities etc. on practicing positive health behaviors for improving awareness on sanitation.
- This will be achieved through an integrated learning environment and enabling children to serve as agents of change for their siblings and communities at large. Rotary India has planned to undertake WASH in Schools programme in 20,000 Government Schools.
PIB ; "
Question 97 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Union Territory Name of High Court
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands Madras High Court
- Lakshadweep Islands High Court of Kerala
- Daman and Diu High Court of Gujarat
Which of the pairs given above is/are correctly matched?
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Territorial Jurisdiction of Calcutta High Court: West Bengal and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Territorial Jurisdiction of Kerala High Court: Kerala and Lakshadweep. "
Question 98 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- 1,00,000 youths in the Ganga Basin states will be trained and deployed as 'Swachhta Doots'.
- Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan is entrusted with this task.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 99 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
It will be funded by regional member countries as well as the Australian Agency for International Development and the Republic of Korea
It is being jointly set up by the IMF and SAARC grouping
It will be a centre for implementing capacity building activities for government officials in matters of building a common South Asian Economic Union
The centre will be hosted by Sri Lanka
"The South Asia Regional Training and Technical Assistance Center (SARTTAC) is expected to become the focal point for planning, coordinating, and implementing the IMF's capacity development activities in the region on a wide range of areas, including macroeconomic and fiscal management, monetary operations, financial sector regulation and supervision, and macroeconomic statistics. The Center will help address existing training needs and respond to the demand for IMF training in India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka, while bringing the region's training volume on par with those of other regions."
"The IMF offers technical assistance and training to member countries in addition to economic and financial surveillance, and lending operations. The IMF's technical assistance helps member countries develop institutions that are more effective, and legal frameworks and policies that can be used to promote economic stability and growth, while training strengthens the capacity of member countries' officials to analyze economic developments and formulate and implement effective policies."
Question 100 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Algae are simple plants that live in the sea and freshwater.
- "Red Tide" is a common term used for a HAB.
- HABs can cause human illnesses.
- Not all algal blooms are harmful.
1, 2 and 3
1 and 4 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
- Harmful algal blooms, or HABs, occur when colonies of algae-simple plants that live in the sea and freshwater-grow out of control while producing toxic or harmful effects on people, fish, shellfish, marine mammals, and birds. The human illnesses caused by HABs, though rare, can be debilitating or even fatal.
- While many people call these blooms 'red tides,' scientists prefer the term harmful algal bloom.
- Most blooms, in fact, are beneficial because the tiny plants are food for animals in the ocean. In fact, they are the major source of energy that fuels the ocean food web.
- A small percentage of algae, however, produce powerful toxins that can kill fish, shellfish, mammals, and birds, and may directly or indirectly cause illness in people.
- HABs also include blooms of non-toxic species that have harmful effects on marine ecosystems.
Primary Source: http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/redtide.html