UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 30.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Your answers are highlighted below.
Question 16 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Which of the following is true?
River Satluj originates from Rakas Lake in Tibet
River Jhelum originates from Gangotri
River Yamuna originates from Verinag
Both a and c
Question 17 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Recently the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has discovered the earliest Sanskrit inscription in South India. It is claimed to be an earliest epigraphic evidence (Epigraphy is the study of ancient inscriptions) for the Saptamatrika cult. This discovery was made in which of the following site?
Question 17 Explanation:
About the inscriptions found:
- It is in Sanskrit and in Brahmi characters.
- It was issued by Satavahana king Vijaya in 207 A.D.
- Chebrolu inscription of Satavahana king Vijaya issued in his 5th regnal year (207 A.D.) is also the earliest datable Sanskrit inscription from South India so far. Until now the Nagarjunakonda inscription of Ikshavaku king Ehavala Chantamula issued in his 11th regnal year (4th century A.D.) was considered the earliest Sanskrit inscription in South India.
Question 18 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Which among the following statements correctly describes the mechanisms of photovoltaic cell?
It converts mechanical energy into chemical energy.
It converts visible light into direct current.
It converts mechanical energy into light energy.
It converts chemical energy into electric energy.
Question 18 Explanation:
A photovoltaic cell (PV cell) is a specialized semiconductor diode that converts visible light into direct current (DC). Some PV cells can also convert infrared (IR) or ultraviolet (UV) radiation into DC electricity. Photovoltaic cells are an integral part of solar-electric energy systems, which are becoming increasingly important as alternative sources of utility power.
Question 19 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
With reference to the recently released 'State of Global Air 2017' report, consider the following statements:
- It is released by the World Health Organisation
- It is a biennial report
Neither 1 nor 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 19 Explanation:
- Boston-based Health Effects Institute has launched State of Global Air 2017 - a concise, accessible report and interactive website providing "one-stop shopping" for the latest trends in air quality and its impact on human health around the world.
- The report and website will be updated each year, highlighting the extent to which air pollution affects public health as well as tracking progress toward cleaner air.
Improvisation: IE - Costs of Denial ;
Question 20 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
A sunrise industry is one that is new or relatively new, growing fast and is expected to become important in the future. Which of the following are considered an example of sunrise industry?
- Space tourism
1, 2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Question 20 Explanation:
1, 2 and 3 only
Once you are finished, click the button below. Any items you have not completed will be marked incorrect.
There are 20 questions to complete.