UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 35
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Multi-layered plastics (MLP) are the shiny plastic material which is used to package chips, biscuit and ready-to-eat food products.
- MLPs can be recycled and have alternative uses.
- The Government of India is looking at phasing out of Multi-layered Plastic (MLP)
1, 2, 3
The Environment Ministry in a new notification has amended the rules of plastic waste management, and suggested the phasing-out of multi-layered plastics (MLP), the shiny plastic material which is used to package chips, biscuit and ready-to-eat food products. MLPs are non-recyclable, non-energy recoverable, and have no alternative uses, and are hence a critical threat to the ecosystem. "
- This code does not apply to individuals
- Insolvency resolution process for companies will have to be completed within 180 days, a limit which may be extended to 270 days in certain circumstances
- The code provides a 'Fresh Start Process' for companies under which they will be eligible for a debt waiver of up to Rs 1,00,000/-
1 and 2 Only
1 and 3 only
1,2 and 3
Insolvency Resolution Process: The Code specifies similar insolvency resolution processes for companies and individuals, which will have to be completed within 180 days. This limit may be extended to 270 days in certain circumstances. The resolution process will involve negotiations between the debtor and creditors to draft a resolution plan."
Fresh Start Process: The Code provides a Fresh Start Process for individuals under which they will be eligible for a debt waiver of up to Rs 35,000. The individual will be eligible for the waiver subject to certain limits prescribed under the Code.
- Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- Wholesale Price Index (WPI)
- Index of Industrial Production (IIP)
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
The WPI measures the price of a representative basket of wholesale goods. WPI captures price movements in a most comprehensive way. It is calculated by - Office of the Economic Adviser <In DIPP (Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion) < In Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
Index of Industrial Production (IIP) measures the quantum of changes in the industrial production in an economy and captures the general level of industrial activity in the country. It is a composite indicator expressed in terms of an index number which measures the short term changes in the volume of production of a basket of industrial products during a given period with respect to the base period(2004).It is calculated by Central Statistics Office (CSO) < In the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI)
- Geckos are lizards and are found in warm climates throughout the world.
- Most geckos are nocturnal.
- Common house Gecko is found in India.
1 and 3 only
None of the above
World Economic Forum
United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
Releasing the Nature Risk Rising Report ahead of its 50th Annual Meeting, the World Economic Forum said about 25 per cent of our assessed plant and animal species are threatened by human actions, with a million species facing extinction, many within decades.