UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 36
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 36.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
2, 3, 4
1, 2, 4
1, 3, 4
Flavivirus is a genus of viruses in the family Flaviviridae. This genus includes the West Nile virus, dengue virus, tick-borne encephalitis virus, yellow fever virus, Zika virus and several other viruses which may cause encephalitis, as well as insect-specific flaviviruses (ISFs) such as cell fusing agent virus (CFAV), Palm Creek virus (PCV), and Parramatta River virus.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- 'ShaGun' aims to capture and showcase innovations and progress in Elementary Education sector of India by continuous monitoring of the flagship scheme - Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA).
- ShaGun, has been coined from the words 'Shala' meaning Schools and 'Gunvatta' meaning Quality, has been developed with a twin track approach.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. It was signed in Iran
2. Under the convention, human-made sites such as rice paddies too can be designated as wetlands
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Inspite of notification of The Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules (amended in 2016) in 2010, not a single wetland in India has been notified by the government under the rules as yet.
* The Convention on Wetlands was adopted in the Iranian city of Ramsar in 1971 and came into force in 1975. Since then, almost 90% of UN member states, from all the world's geographic regions, have acceded to become "Contracting Parties".
* The Convention uses a broad definition of wetlands. It includes all lakes and rivers, underground aquifers, swamps and marshes, wet grasslands, peatlands, oases, estuaries, deltas and tidal flats, mangroves and other coastal areas, coral reefs, and all human- made sites such as fish ponds, rice paddies, reservoirs and salt pans.
Improvisation: http://indianexpress.com/article/explained/problem-in-protecting-indias-wetlands-technically-there-arent-any-to-protect-art-of-living-sri-sri-ravi-shankar-ngt-4799954/ ;
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
2. Surinsar-Mansar Lake
3. Vembanad-Kol wetland
4. Rangdum wetlands
Select the correct answer using the code given below
1, 2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
3 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Rangdum Wetlands is not a Ramsar site. "