UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 37
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Indian Councils Act of 1861
Indian Councils Act of 1892
Indian Councils Act of 1909
Government of India Act of 1919
- It increased the number of additional (non-official) members in the Central and provincial legislative councils, but maintained the official majority in them.
- It increased the functions of legislative councils and gave them the power of discussing the budget and addressing questions to the executive.
It provided for the nomination of some non-official members of the (a) Central Legislative Council by the viceroy on the recommendation of the provincial legislative councils and the Bengal Chamber of Commerce, and (b) that of the Provincial legislative councils by the Governors on the recommendation of the district boards, municipalities, universities, trade associations, zamindars and chambers. "
1.Section 497 punishes a married man for the offence of adultery if he had sexual relations with a married woman without the consent or connivance of her husband.
2.Recently, five-judge Constitution bench of the Supreme Court unanimously ruled to scrap 158-year-old Section 497.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both the statements are correct. "
Rights of Persons with Disabilities
Laws of war and war crimes
Status of Refugees
- It is a song and dance performance.
- It is performed to narrate the life and deeds of Lord Krishna.
- Sankirtana encompasses an array of arts performed to mark religious occasions and various stages in the life of the Shaiva people of the Manipur.
1, 2, 3
- Sankirtana is one of the few important Indian heritages inscribed on the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity.
- Statement 1 and 2: Sankirtana performers narrate the lives and deeds of Krishna through ritual singing, drumming and dancing of Manipur.
- Sankirtana encompasses an array of arts performed to mark religious occasions and various stages in the life of the Vaishnava people of the Manipur.
- Siachen glacier
- Shaksgam Valley
- Aksai Chin
Refer: Facts for prelims: "