UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 39
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Bt-Brinjal created by inserting a crystal protein gene (Cry1Ac) from the soil bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis
- It was developed by Mahyco in collaboration with the Dharward University of Agricultural sciences
- Genetic Engineering Approvals Committee, a body under the Ministry of Science and technology is responsible for approval of genetically engineered products in India
2 and 3
1 and 2
1, 2 and 3
- It was developed by Mahyco (Maharashtra Hybrid Seeds Company) in collaboration with the Dharward University of Agricultural sciences and the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University. But the initiative was blocked in 2010.
- Currently, the Genetic Engineering Approvals Committee, a body under the Ministry of Environment and Forests (India) is responsible for approval of genetically engineered products in India.
1. Co-existence of private and public sector
2. Private property is not allowed
3. Economic planning
Which of the following codes given below is/are NOT correct?
2 and 3 only
(i) Co-existence of Private and Public Sector
ii) Personal Freedom
(iii) Private Property is allowed
(iv) Economic Planning
(v) Price Mechanism and Controlled Price
(vi) Profit Motive and Social Welfare
- Sri Lanka - Ekuverin
- Maldives - Mitra Shakti
- Seychelles - Garuda Shakti
- Indonesia - Ex Limtaye
1 and 3 Only
2 and 3 Only
1 and 2 Only
Exercise with Sri Lanka - Mitra Shakti
Exercise with Maldives - Ekuverin
Exercise with Seychelles - Ex Limtaye
Exercise with Indonesia - Garuda Shakti
Exercise with Nepal - Suryakiran
Exercise with China, Pakistan and Thailand - Cobra Gold (hosted by Thailand) "
- Bioleaching is used essentially for the recovery of copper, uranium and gold.
- Biosparging can be used to reduce concentrations of petroleum constituents that are dissolved in groundwater.
- Bioaugmentation can be involved in bioremediation.
1, 2, 3
Bioleaching is a simple and effective technology for metal extraction from low-grade ores and mineral concentrates. At present bioleaching is used essentially for the recovery of copper, uranium and gold.
Biosparging is an in-situ remediation technology that uses indigenous microorganisms to bio-degrade organic constituents in the saturated zone. In biosparging, air (or oxygen) and nutrients (if needed) are injected into the saturated zone to increase the biological activity of the indigenous microorganisms. Biosparging can be used to reduce concentrations of petroleum constituents that are dissolved in groundwater, adsorbed to soil below the water table, and within the capillary fringe.
Bioremediation strategies can involve natural attenuation, bioaugmentation, or biostimulation and can take place in situ or ex situ.
- The Muslim League would join hands with the INC to demand independence from the British.
- After the war, a commission would be entrusted with the task of demarcating those areas with an absolute majority of Muslims and a plebiscite to be held in those areas where all the inhabitants (Muslims and non-Muslims) would vote on the basis of adult suffrage whether to form a separate sovereign nation or not.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect