UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 43
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 43.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The bomb in Assembly was thrown against the Simon Commission
- Rajguru also accompanied Bhagat Singh in the Assembly
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- Bhagat Singh and B.K. Dutt were asked to throw a bomb in the Central Legislative Assembly on 8 April 1929 against the passage of the Public Safety Bill and the Trade Disputes Bill which would reduce the civil liberties of citizens in general and workers in particular.
- Bhagat Singh and B.K. Dutt were tried in the Assembly Bomb Case. Later, Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru and tens of other revolutionaries were tried in a series of famous conspiracy cases. Hence statement 1 and 2 are incorrect.
- The aim was not to kill, for the bombs were relatively harmless, but, as the leaflet they threw into the Assembly hall proclaimed, 'to make the deaf hear'. The objective was to get arrested and to use the trial court as a forum for propaganda so that people would become familiar with their movement and ideology.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
"The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine has run into more trouble. In January, a Rome-based epidemiologist, Tom Jefferson, of the Cochrane Collaboration highlighted in a paper worrying gaps in published data on the vaccine, designed to prevent HPV-related cervical cancer."
About Cochrane ( http://www.cochrane.org/about-us ): It is a "global independent network of researchers, professionals, patients, carers, and people interested in health.. Cochrane is for anyone who is interested in using high-quality information to make better health decisions."
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Mahavira regarded all objects have souls.
- He preached that work is worship and encouraged the practice of agriculture.
- He advocated a very holy and ethical code of life.
1, 2, 3
Mahavira regarded all objects, both animate and inanimate, have souls and various degrees of
consciousness. They possess life and feel pain when they are injured. Mahavira rejected the authority of the Vedas and objected to the Vedic rituals. He advocated a very holy and ethical code of life. Even the practice of agriculture was considered sinful as it causes injury to the earth, worms and animals. Similarly the doctrine of asceticism and renunciation was also carried to extreme lengths by the practice of starvation, nudity and other forms of self-torture. "
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1, 2, 3
Ministry of I&B has instituted the First Antarashtriya Yoga Diwas Media Samman (AYDMS) from 2019 to mark the contribution of media in spreading the message of Yoga.
International Day of Yoga is celebrated annually on 21 June since its inception in 2015.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is an arm of Asian Development Bank.
- It is Headquartered in Beijing, China.
- India is a member of it.
1 and 3 only
1, and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution dedicated to reducing poverty in Asia and the Pacific through loans, grants, research and technical assistance to its member countries, as well as investments in private companies.
Statement 2 is correct. AIIB is headquartered in Beijing.
Statement 3 is correct. India is a regional member of AIIB.