UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 50
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Which among the following gas falls under the six basket of Green House gas that is mentioned in Kyoto Protocol?
Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous oxide, Sulphur hexafluoride, Hydroflurocarbon, Perflurocarbons
Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous oxide, Sulfur hexafluoride, Hydro chloroflurocarbon, Perflurocarbons
Carbon Dioxide, Methane, Nitrous oxide, Sulfur hexafluoride, Chlorofluorocarbons, Perflurocarbons
None of the above
Question 1 Explanation:
The targets apply to the four greenhouse gases carbon dioxide,methane, nitrous oxide,Sulphur hexafluoride, and two groups of gases, hydro fluorocarbons (HFCs) and perfluorocarbons (PFCs). The six GHG are translated into CO2 equivalents in determining reductions in emissions.
The latest Economic Survey notes three areas of policy focus that must stand out over the medium term. Which among the following is NOT one?
Question 2 Explanation:
Over the medium term, three areas of policy focus stand out:
- Employment: finding good jobs for the young and burgeoning workforce, especially for women.
- Education: creating an educated and healthy labor force.
- Agriculture: raising farm productivity while strengthening agricultural resilience.
Above all, India must continue improving the climate for rapid economic growth on the strength of the only two truly sustainable engines-private investment and exports.
With reference to NBFC, consider the following statements
- NBFC is a company registered under the Companies Act,1956 or 2013
- NBFC conducts financial activity as principal business ie when a company's financial assets constitute more than 50 per cent of the total assets and income from financial assets constitute more than 50 per cent of the gross income
- Deposit insurance facility of Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation is not available to depositors of NBFCs, unlike in case of banks
1 and 3
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
Question 3 Explanation:
- A Non - Banking Financial Corporation is a company incorporated under the Companies Act 2013 or 1956 which is engaged in the business of Loans and Advances, Acquisition of stocks, equities, debt etc issued by the government or any local authority. The main objective of this type of a company is to accept deposits under any scheme or manner.
- According to section 45-I (c) of the RBI Act, a Non - Banking Company carrying on the business of a financial institution will be an NBFC. It is governed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs as well as the Reserve Bank of India.
- What does conducting financial activity as "principal business" mean?
- Financial activity as principal business is when a company's financial assets constitute more than 50 per cent of the total assets and income from financial assets constitute more than 50 per cent of the gross income. A company which fulfils both these criteria will be registered as NBFC by RBI.
- The term 'principal business' is not defined by the Reserve Bank of India Act.
- NBFCs are doing functions similar to banks. What is difference between banks & NBFCs?
- NBFCs lend and make investments and hence their activities are akin to that of banks; however there are a few differences as given below:
- NBFC cannot accept demand deposits;
- NBFCs do not form part of the payment and settlement system and cannot issue cheques drawn on itself;
- Deposit insurance facility of Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation is not available to depositors of NBFCs, unlike in case of banks.
Consider the following statement(s) regarding Geo stationary satellite .Choose the incorrect one.
A satellite is said to be geo stationary if it is in a geo synchronous orbit.
Satellites used for telecommunication relay are kept in a geostationary orbit
Its orbit lies above the plane of equator
All the above statements are correct.
Question 4 Explanation:
All the above statements are correct. A Geo Stationary orbit( Also called geostationary earth orbit- GEO) is a geo synchronous orbit, directly above the earth's equator (0 degree latitude), with a period equals to earths rotational period and an orbital eccentricity of approximately zero. An object in a geo stationary orbit appears motionless, at a fixed position in the sky, to the ground observers. Communication satellites and weather satellites are often given geo stationary orbits , so that the satellite antenna's that communicate with them do not need to move to track them, but can be pointed permanently at the position in the sky where they stay. Due to the constant 0 degree latitude and circularity of geostationary orbit, satellites in GEO differ in location by longitude only.
'Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary' is located in
Question 5 Explanation:
Talley Valley Wildlife Sanctuary is a wildlife sanctuary in Arunachal Pradesh.
There are 5 questions to complete.