UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 54
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 54.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
A distinctly new species of rock dwelling gecko of the Hemidactylus genus has been identified by a group of scientists . The species named Hemidactylus yajurvedi (Kanker Rock Gecko) was discovered from the Kanker district of Chhattisgarh - is the 27th Hemidactylus species known from India. "
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Tholu Bommalata is the shadow puppet theatre tradition of the state of Andhra Pradesh. Tholu Bommalata literally means "the dance of leather puppets". The puppeteers make up some of the various entertainers who perform all night and usually re-enact various stories from Hindu epics such as the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Its performers the part of a group of wandering entertainers and peddlers who pass through villages during the course of a year and offer to sing ballads, tell fortunes, sell amulets, perform acrobatics, charm snakes, weave fishnets, tattoo local people and mend pots. "
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Equity capital
- Ordinary share capital
- Intangible assets
- Audited revenue reserves
1, 2 and 4
1, 3 and 4
2 and 3
All of the above
- The capital adequacy ratio (CAR) is a measurement of a bank's available capital expressed as a percentage of a bank's risk-weighted credit exposures. The capital adequacy ratio, also known as capital-to-risk weighted assets ratio (CRAR), is used to protect depositors and promote the stability and efficiency of financial systems around the world.
- Two types of capital are measured: tier-1 capital, which can absorb losses without a bank being required to cease trading, and tier-2 capital, which can absorb losses in the event of a winding-up and so provides a lesser degree of protection to depositors.
- Tier-1 Capital or core capital, consists of equity capital, ordinary share capital, intangible assets and audited revenue reserves. Tier-1 capital is the capital that is permanently and easily available to cushion losses suffered by a bank without it being required to stop operating.
- Tier-2 capital comprises unaudited retained earnings, unaudited reserves and general loss reserves. This capital absorbs losses in the event of a company winding up or liquidating
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1 and 2 only
None of the above
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had recently issued regulations that required food companies selling organic produce to get certified with one of the two authorities - National Programme for Organic Production (NPOP) or the Participatory Guarantee System for India (PGS-India).
- For nearly two decades now, organic farming certification had been done through a process of third party certification under the NPOP. It was run by the Ministry of Commerce and was used for certifying general exports. Nearly 24 agencies were authorised by the NPOP to verify farms, storages and processing units and successful ones got a special 'India Organic' logo.
- The PGS-India programme, in contrast, had been around for only two years and - unlike the top-down approach of the NPOP - involves a peer-review approach. Here, farmers played a role in certifying whether the farms in their vicinity adhered to organic-cultivation practices. This programme was implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture through the National Centre of Organic Farming.
- The FSSAI has introduced the 'Jaivik Bharat' logo; this one is among a few special logos on packaging of foods that is used to identify foods as organic.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Anticyclone is a region where the atmospheric pressure is high compared with that of adjacent areas.
- Their extent is always small.
- In the northern hemisphere the general wind circulation is clockwise round the anticyclone.
1, 2, 3
Anticyclone is a region where the atmospheric pressure is high compared with that of adjacent areas. In the northern hemisphere the general wind circulation is clockwise round the anticyclone, while in the southern hemisphere it is anticlockwise. The extents are generally large and the effects are also pronounced. "