UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 55
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 55.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
"To develop a consensus, we passed the Constitution amendment enabling the GST unanimously. All legislations enabling the GST were passed unanimously. The rules were put before the GST Council. The have been approved unanimously. We have held 27 meetings of the GST Council so far where every decision has been taken by consensus and unanimity. All the rates are fixed through consensus on the recommendation of the Rates Committee. Whenever there are contrarian views in the Council, a representative Group of Ministers of the State is constituted to work out a via media and we try to evolve consensus one way or the other. I do realise that the delicate federal balance in India has to be maintained. The GST Council is India's first experience at cooperative-federalism based decision-making authority. We cannot afford to risk a failure and, therefore, it is functioning as to arouse confidence amongst all States. The meetings have always been consensus based. The only area where unanimity seems to be lacking is the television bites that some Ministers' give after the meeting, which may be necessary for their own political positon. I am willing to live with the experience of a healthy debate and unanimity within the Council and a show of dissent outside the Council meetings.."
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Amrita Bazar Patrika newspaper was started in 1868 in the Bengal Presidency.
- It was a Hindi language newspaper.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- NeAC system of faceless e-Assessment
- NeAC would be headed by Chief secretary of CBDT
- Additionally, there would be 6 Regional e-Assessment Centres (ReAC) under NeAC
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
all of the above
- The NeAC will be based in Delhi, and will look after the functioning of e-Assessment scheme. The body would be headed by principal chief commissioner of income tax.
- Additionally, there would be eight Regional e-Assessment Centres (ReAC) in Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata Ahmedabad, Pune, Bengaluru and Hyderabad. Apart from assessment units, these centres would also be home to review, technical and verification units
- Under the new system of faceless e-Assessment, a tax payer will receive notice on the registered email as well as on registered account on the web portal http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in with real time alert by way of SMS on the registered mobile number, specifying the issues for which the case has been selected for scrutiny, the department said.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Rice straw
- Sea weeds
- Water hyacinth
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1, 2, 3
3, 4, 5
1, 2, 4, 5
Bio-ethanol can be derived from all the sources mentioned above.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is an intergovernmental organization located at The Hague in the Netherlands.
- The PCA is not a court, but rather a bureaucracy that provides services of arbitral tribunal to resolve disputes between member states.
- It is a part of the UN.
Only 3 and 2
Only 1 and 3
Only 1 and 2
1, 2 and 3