UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 58
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
1. The report was first published by UNDP in 1992
2. It was the first attempt to define and measure the level of development of economies Which of the following below given codes are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- Geo-thermal energy
- Biomass energy
- Nuclear energy
1 and 3 only
2 and 4 only
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
- India stood ahead of China in terms of honey production in 2017-18.
- Beekeeping Development Committee under the Chairmanship of Bibek Debroy is setup to identify ways of advancing beekeeping in India.
The Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister set up a Beekeeping Development Committee under the Chairmanship of Professor Bibek Debroy.
BDC was constituted with the objective of identifying ways of advancing beekeeping in India, that can help in improving agricultural productivity, enhancing employment generation, augmenting nutritional security and sustaining biodiversity.
As per Food and Agricultural Organization database, in 2017-18, India ranked eighth in the world in terms of honey production (64.9 thousand tonnes) while China stood first with a production level of 551 thousand tonnes. "
- Post - modernism
- A call for moving towards urbanisation
- Celebration of regional-ness while contemplating composite Indian-ness
2 and 3
1 and 3
All of them
- In the uttara Adhunika (post-modern) era the effort is to be natural, to be Indian, to be near to the common man, to be socially conscious. The third generation of Malayalam writers like N. Prabhakaran, and P. Surendran prefer the term anti-modernism to post-modernism and are content simply to narrate human tales without any explicit social message or philosophical pretensions. The modernist idea that anything simple should not be accepted is now questioned. It is established now that simple texts may present complex extra-textual structures
- The central tension experienced by the vast majority of contemporary Indian novelists is that of transition from the rural and traditional to an urban and post-modern situation, expressed either through a romantic nostalgia for the village left behind, or through fear and hatred of the cruel impersonal city, with all its sex, horror, murder and cruelty. Birendra Kumar Bhattacharya (Assamese), Sunil Gangopadhyay (Bengali), Pannalal patel (Gujarati), Mannu Bhandari (Hindi), Nayantara Sahgal (English), V. Bedekar (Marathi), Samaresh Basu (Bengali) and others, with their rural-urban sensitivity, have portrayed the Indian experience in its totality.
- In the contemporary Indian novels by Jayamohan (Tamil), Debes Ray (Bengali) and Shivprasad Singh (Hindi), dealing with various neglected regions, and the spoken dialect of that area, a composite picture of a total India, pulsating with new experience and struggling to hold on to the old values, and in the process sometimes discarding them, is also easily discernible. These regional novelists have forcefully demolished the myths created by the western Indologists that Indianness is just fatalism
Source - CCRT Literature
GS 1 - Art and culture - Literature
- Modern Indian literature genre and strands can be asked
Is the capital of Moldova
Is a region through which flows River Danube
Opens out to the Black Sea
All of the above
Bavaria is a state in Southeastern Germany, bordering Liechtenstein, Austria and the Czech Republic. River Danube, the second-longest river in Europe after River Volga