UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 25
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 25.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 96 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Drones, their operators and pilots will have to be mandatorily registered on aviation regulator DGCA's online portal.
- The rules bar use of drones for delivery of items.
- They can be deployed for spraying of pesticides and delivery of relief material during natural disaster only on a case by case basis.
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
Knowledge: Remotely piloted aircraft have been divided into five categories - Nano (less than 250gm), micro (between 250gm and 2 kg), small(between 2 and 25 kg ) and large (more than 150kg). Users will have to go online to seek a unique identification number for each drone as well as an operator's permit license. They will have to provide details of flight path to be undertaken for every flight. However,Nano drones are exempt from all these pre-requisites.
Question 97 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is recognised by UNESCO as a Masterpiece of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
- It relies heavily on the audience interpreting the story being told.
Question 98 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
"The supermoon is a made-up term," said James Lattis, an astronomer at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. "It's not an astronomical term, there's no technical definition of it." Supermoon was actually coined by an astrologer in the 1970s, not by a scientist. The term has come to loosely mean a full moon that is at perigee, or when the moon is at its closest position to Earth along its orbit.
14th November 2016, 'Explained' Page, Indian Express;
Question 99 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- It uses significantly less water and pesticides than traditional agricultural methods.
- The crops aren't subject to seasons and hence give high productivity year-round.
Crops are grown indoors, under artificial conditions of light and temperature. It aims at higher productivity in smaller spaces. It uses soil-less methods such as hydroponics, aquaponics and aeroponics.
Vertical farming uses significantly less water and pesticides than traditional agricultural methods. Being indoors, the crops aren't subject to seasons and hence give high productivity year-round. Lettuces, tomatoes and green crops can be produced through this practice.
Question 100 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
taxonomic studies on wild plant resources?
Botanical Survey of India
National Biodiversity Authority
Forest Survey of India
Zoological Survey of India