UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 27
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 27.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 21 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) is an international agreement adopted at the Earth Summit, in Rio de Janeiro, in 1992.
- The CBD was negotiated under the guidance of the United Nations.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 and 2
- to conserve biological diversity
- to use its components in a sustainable way
- to share fairly and equitably the benefits arising from the use of genetic resources.
The CBD was negotiated under the guidance of the United Nations.
Question 22 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Every Member of Parliament has to be a member of Parliamentary Committee.
- Reports of Parliamentary Committees are binding on the government.
Both 1 and 2
Question 23 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Bhitarkanika national park
The Chilika Lake in Odisha has emerged as the "single largest habitat of Irrawaddy dolphins in the world". Chilika is Asia's largest brackish-water lagoon with an estuarine character, and one of India's first Ramsar Convention sites. "
Question 24 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- OPEC is a group of all the oil-producing nations.
- The mission of OPEC is to unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure regular supply of petroleum to consumers.
- Iran, Iraq, United Arab Emirates and Qatar are the members of OPEC.
1, 2, 3
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is a group of oil-producing nations that was first established in Baghdad, Iraq, in 1961.
As of January 2019, OPEC has 14 member countries. They are: Algeria, Angola, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, the Republic of the Congo, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Venezuela.
Indonesia is a former member, and Qatar is no longer the member of OPEC from 1 January 2019.
Russia is the oil exporting countries, while it is not a member of OPEC.
Question 25 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Space debris present in the exosphere of earth's atmosphere.
Space bodies present near the surface of the sun.
Celestial bodies between Mars and Jupiter.
Celestial bodies present beyond the orbit of Neptune.
KBO's are the celestial objects present in the Kuiper Belt. Kuiper Belt is a disc-shaped region of icy bodies - including dwarf planets such as Pluto - and comets beyond the orbit of Neptune.
It extends from about 30 to 55 AU and is probably populated with hundreds of thousands of icy bodies larger than 100 km (62 miles) across and an estimated trillion or more comets.
The first Kuiper Belt Object was discovered in 1992.