UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 163
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
European Union (EU)
Most of the world is now divided into regional FTAs, including the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) for North America, the Southern Common Market (MERCOSUR for its Spanish initials) for South America, the EU, the Eurasian Economic Union (Russia and neighbours), the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA), the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) FTA in West Asia, and now the biggest of them all, RCEP.
Jammu and Kashmir
- Changu Lake is a glacial lake in the East Sikkim, located around 40 kilometres away from capital Gangtok at elevation of 3,780 m.
- Anaemia is a condition in which the number of red blood cells or their oxygen-carrying capacity is insufficient to meet physiologic needs.
- Protein deficiency is the most common cause of anaemia.
- Premature delivery can also lead to childhood anaemia.
Anaemia is a condition in which the number of red blood cells or their oxygen-carrying capacity is insufficient to meet physiologic needs, which vary by age, sex, altitude, smoking, and pregnancy status.
Iron deficiency is thought to be the most common cause of anaemia globally, although other conditions, such as folate, vitamin B12 and vitamin A deficiencies, chronic inflammation, parasitic infections, and inherited disorders can all cause anaemia.
In its severe form, it is associated with fatigue, weakness, dizziness and drowsiness. Pregnant women and children are particularly vulnerable.
Studies from across the globe have shown that severe anaemia in mothers and premature delivery can also lead to childhood anaemia.
- has the status of a constitutional body.
- can be establish also in any State having Scheduled Tribes but not Scheduled Areas therein.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. With regard to the Tribes Advisory Council, the Para 4 (1) of the Fifth Schedule to the Constitution envisages that "There shall be established in each State having Scheduled Areas therein and, if the President so directs, also in any State having Scheduled Tribes but not Scheduled Areas therein. In terms of clause (2) of Para 4 of the Fifth Schedule, it shall be the duty of the Tribes Advisory Council to advise on such matters pertaining to the welfare and advancement of the Scheduled Tribes in the State as may be referred to them by the Governor.
It is a two-day carnival aimed at popularising the tourist spots of the 17th century Dutch township in the state of Andhra Pradesh.