UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 71 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
1. It is designed and developed by Lockheed Martin
2. Designed to transport cargo inside the cabin and it is one of the world's most advanced helicopters Which of the following below given codes are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Indian MoD had awarded a $1.3bn contract to Russian Helicopters for 80 helicopters in December 2008. Deliveries to the Indian Air Force (IAF) began in 2011 and 36 helicopters were delivered by early 2013. "
Question 72 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
1. polar easterlies
2. temperate cyclones
3. mountain winds
5. sea breezes
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
2, 4 and 5 only
3 and 5 only
2 and 4 only
Question 73 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Purpose of declaring ESZ is to create a buffer zone, where activities will be regulated to protect areas demarcated as Protected Areas (PAs).
- The Environment Protection Act, 1986 does not mention the word "Eco-sensitive Zones".
- Establishment of hotels and resorts is strictly prohibited in ESZs.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
- Eco-Sensitive Zone is created to act as a buffer for further protection around Protected Areas (PAs) such as National Parks and Wildlife sanctuaries.
- The Environment Protection Act, 1986 does not mention the word "Eco-sensitive Zones".The section 3(2)(v) of the Act, says that Central Government can restrict areas in which any industries, operations or processes or class of industries, operations or processes shall not be carried out or shall be carried out subject to certain safeguards
Statement 3 is incorrect:
ESZ Guidelines classify activities under three categories:
- Prohibited:Commercial Mining, Setting of Saw Mill, Setting of industries causing pollution, establishment of major hydroelectric projects etc.
- Regulated: Felling of Trees, Establishment of hotels and resorts, erection of electrical cables, Drastic change of agricultural systems etc.
Permitted : Ongoing agriculture and horticulture practices by local communities, rain water harvesting, organic farming etc.
Question 74 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 75 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
Theoretical discoveries in physical cosmology
Discovery of an exoplanet orbiting a star similar to sun
Both A and B
James Peebles discoveries: The Canadian - American physicist James Peebles had contributed several discoveries in the field of physical cosmology for which he is awarded with the prize. His discoveries are as follows:
* In 1987, Peebles proposed Primordial Isocurvature Baryon Model which explains the development of early Universe.
* He is also known for the Ostriker - Peebles criterion that related to the stability of galactic formation.
* He has made significant contributions towards cosmic microwave background radiation, Big Bang nucleosynthesis, dark energy and dark matter.
* He was the pioneer in the theory of Cosmic structure formation. "