UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 6 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Import licensing systems
- Sanitary regulations
1, 2 and 3 only
2, 3 and 4 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Question 7 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- He founded the Ilbari dynasty.
- He introduced the Arabic Coinage into India.
- He introduced the Persian festival of Nauroz.
1, 2, 3
Iltutmish belonged to the Ilbari tribe and hence his dynasty was named as Ilbari dynasty. Iltutmish introduced the Arabic coinage into India and the silver tanka weighing 175 grams became a standard coin in medieval India. The silver tanka remained the basis of the modern rupee.
Balban introduced the Persian festival of Nauroz to impress the nobles and people with his wealth and power.
Question 8 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Give militaries of only the USA access to Indian military facilities for supplies and repairs.
- Require individual clearance for every case of logistical support.
- Allow military bases to be set up.
1 and 2 only
1, 2 and 3
"The LEMOA will give the militaries of both countries access to each other's facilities for supplies and repairs." This implies, this particular agreement - the LEMOA - will give access only to one nation - the USA - to access Indian military facilities for supplies and repairs.
"While it is an enabling agreement, LEMOA does not make logistical support automatic or obligatory for either party, the Minister and the Secretary said. The agreement does not involve allowing military bases either, they said. Each case will require individual clearance. The services or supplies accessed will be on a reimbursable basis. "That's a very substantial enabler of our two countries to work together .on a case by case basis. But when they do agree, this is an agreement that makes it all go so much more smoothly and efficiently It's not a basing agreement of any kind," said Mr. Carter "
Question 9 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Clarifications given by the Forest Advisory Committee (FAC) of the Environment Ministry:
- States need not take the Centre's approval to define what constitutes unclassified land as forest.
- Do we have a comprehensive legal definition for forest?
- Since 2014, the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) has been considering evolving a legal definition of forest and reportedly prepared drafts as late as 2016. These, however, were never made public.
- How is a forest defined?
- The freedom to define land, not already classified as forests by the Centre or State records, as forest has been the prerogative of the States since 1996 and stems from a Supreme Court order, called the Godavarman judgment.
- The Supreme Court judgment expanded the definition of forest to include lands that were already notified by the Centre as forests, that appear in government records as forests as well as those that fell in the "dictionary definition" of forest.
- The latter clause allows the States to evolve their own criteria and define tracts of land as forest, and these would then be bound by forest conservation laws.
Refer: Insights Pt 2019 Exclusive (Environment Protection): "
Question 10 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is lighter than oxygen.
- It expands enormously in volume.
- It is a bad conductor of electricity.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Statement 2 is correct. Carbon dioxide quickly expands enormously in volume and cools down. This brings down the temperature of the fuel and consequently controls the fire.
Statement 3 is correct. Carbon di oxide being a bad conductor of electricity, it can be safely used to extinguish fire from electrical equipment.