UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 165.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 11 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- It originates from the forests of the Western Ghats at Devgaon in northern Karnataka.
- It is also known as the Gomati in a few places
- The Mandovi enters Goa from the north via the Sattari Taluka
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Statement 2 is correct. With its cerulean waters, Dudhsagar Falls and Varapoha Falls, it is also known as the Gomati in a few places.
Statement 3 is correct. The Mandovi enters Goa from the north via the Sattari Taluka in Goa and from Uttara Kannada District of Karnataka near the Castle Rock Rly. Stn. The Mandovi flows through Belagavi, Uttara Kannada in Karnataka and Cumbarjua, Divadi and Chodne in Goa, eventually pouring into the Arabian Sea.
Question 12 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- Soil liquefaction
- Ground lurching
1, 2, 3
2, 3, 4
1, 3, 4
1, 2, 3, 4
Earthquake is a natural hazard. The following are the immediate hazardous effects of earthquake:
(i) Ground Shaking
(ii) Differential ground settlement
(iii) Land and mud slides
(iv) Soil liquefaction
(v) Ground lurching
(vii) Ground displacement
(viii) Floods from dam and levee failures
(x) Structural collapse
(xi) Falling objects
(xii) Tsunami "
Question 13 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
Safe cooked food
Ergotism is due to the effect of long term ergot poisoning, due to ingestion of alkaloids produced by fungus which are found in infected cereals and ryes.
Question 14 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Life science research board
2. Naval research board
3. Armaments research board Choose the correct code from given options below?
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
2 and 3 only
* The "Armament Research Board (ARMREB)" was constitutes in 1997 for promoting innovative/Basic research useful for armament discipline. Armament being a complex multi-disciplinary field involves ballistics, aerodynamics, materials and metallurgy, mechanical and electronics engineering, opto-electronics, computer techniques, explosives, pyrotechnics, modeling, simulation and system analysis. Five research panels covering the entire spectrum of Armament disciplines operating under the Board to make it more effective.
* Naval Research Board (NRB) of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) was set up in September 1996 to strengthen and deepen the knowledge base related to the Naval Science & Technologies. The NRB has a flexible approach towards research, funding and project execution. The Board has instituted a Grants-in-Aid Scheme to nurture scientific talent to create research base in IITs, Universities, higher technological institutions, colleges and other research centers in the country.
* The mission of Life Sciences Research Board (LSRB) of Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO) has been expand and deepen the knowledge-base of Life Sciences in the country to strengthen and use of national resources of knowledge, know-how, experience, facilities and infrastructure. The research board will also help catalyse the needed cross-fertilization of ideas and experiences between workers in those scientific and technical fields that provide the needed support to the soldier in operations, and the needed knowledge for integrating human-factors in the design of his equipment in missions and in peace stations. "
Question 15 [CLICK ON ANY COICE TO KNOW RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Bill covers both the organized as well as unorganized women employees.
- The Bill enhanced paid maternity leave for women in the unorganized sector to 26 weeks from 12.
Both are correct
Neither 1 nor 2
- Maternity leave available to the working women to be increased from 12 weeks to 26 weeks for the first two children.
- Maternity leave for children beyond the first two will continue to be 12 weeks.
- Maternity leave of 12 weeks to be available to mothers adopting a child below the age of three months as well as to the "commissioning mothers". The commissioning mother has been defined as biological mother who uses her egg to create an embryo planted in any other woman.
- Every establishment with more than 50 employees to provide for creche facilities for working mothers and such mothers will be permitted to make four visits during working hours to look after and feed the child in the creche.
- The employer may permit a woman to work from home if it is possible to do so. Every establishment will be required to make these benefits available to the women from the time of her appointment.