UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 166
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 166.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 16 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is to rescue the trafficked or kidnapped children and arrest the kidnappers.
- It is the exercise of Union Ministry of Home Affairs.
- The rescued children are provided free education and cash incentive.
1, 2, 3
The operation Milap under which children are rescued was launched in December 2014.
Under this project, the Anti Human Trafficking Unit (AHTU) of the Delhi Police develops information, rescues the trafficked or kidnapped person and arrests the kidnappers.
The rescued children are counselled and also given requisite medical attention.
Operation Smile is an initiative of the Ministry of Home Affairs to rescue/rehabilitate missing children. Under the initiative, a dedicated campaign for a month where several activities are taken up by the State Police personnel to trace and rescue the missing children and reunite them with their families.
Question 17 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
International Cricket Council
Federation Internationale de Football Association
Federation Internationale de l'Automobile
International Olympic Committee
"Justice (Retd.) Mukul Mudgal is all set to add another feather to his cap as a sports administrator when he takes over as the head of FIFA's governance committee. He was elected to the post at the 67th Congress held in Manama recently."
Question 18 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Promotion of electric vehicles
Question 19 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimetre Array Observatory
Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory
Spitzer Space Telescope
In the news : Once again, it is a merger of black holes, and once again the energy scales involved are extraordinary. The analysis suggests the two black holes that coalesced had starting masses that were just over 31 times and 19 times that of our Sun. And when they finally came together, they produced a single object of a little under 49 solar masses. It means the unison radiated a simply colossal quantity of pure energy.
- At present, there are only two detectors, one each at Hanford, Washington and Livingston, Louisiana tuned to detect gravitational waves.
- The drawback is that they cannot accurately figure out where in the sky the signal is coming from. Just as in the case of a GPS, they need at least three non-collinear detectors to do this.
- The Italy-based VIRGO detector is almost in place and will join in to collect data later in 2017.
- The LIGO-India facility, which is making immense progress will join the club in 2024.
Question 20 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Earth Day aims to build the world's largest environmental movement to drive transformative change for people and the planet.
- The year 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the annual celebrations of Earth Day.
- The landmark Paris Agreement was signed on Earth Day 2016.
1, 2, 3
April 22 is Earth Day, an international event celebrated around the world to pledge support for environmental protection. The year 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of the annual celebrations. This year's theme for Earth Day is 'climate action'.
In 2009, the United Nations designated April 22 as 'International Mother Earth Day'.
Earth Day was first observed in 1970, when 20 million took to the streets to protest against environmental degradation. The event was triggered by the 1969 Santa Barbara oil spill, as well as other issues such as smog and polluted rivers.
The landmark Paris Agreement, which brings almost 200 countries together in setting a common target to reduce global greenhouse emissions, was signed on Earth Day 2016.
According to earthday.org, Earth Day aims to "build the world's largest environmental movement to drive transformative change for people and the planet." The movement's mission is "to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide."