UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 167
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- It mains for routine immunization for children below five years and pregnant women.
- It takes urban slums with migratory population under special consideration.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Special attention will be given to unserved/low coverage pockets in sub-centre and urban slums with migratory population. The focus is also on the urban settlements and cities identified under National Urban Health Mission (NUHM). Thus, statement 2 is correct.
- Pradhan Mantri Laghu Vyapari Maan-dhan Yojana is a voluntary and contribution based central sector scheme.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY) is applicable to the entire country.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- Rig vedic practices became impractical and inexpensive for common people
- Upanishads were not easily comprehensible
- Rise in economic status of trading communities
1 and 3
2 and 3
- The complex rituals and sacrifices advocated in the Later Vedic period were not acceptable to the common people. The sacrificial ceremonies were also found to be too expensive. The superstitious beliefs and mantras confused the people. In contrast, Rig vedic practices were simple in the preceding period.
- The teachings of Upanishads, an alternative to the system of sacrifices, were highly philosophical in nature and therefore not easily understood by all. Therefore, what was needed in the larger interests of the people was a simple, short and intelligible way to salvation for all people. Such religious teaching should also be in a language known to them. This need was fulfilled by the teachings of Buddha and Mahavira.
- Higher classes enjoyed certain privileges which were denied to the lower classes. Also, the Kshatriyas had resented the domination of the priestly class. It should also to be noted that both Buddha and Mahavira belonged to Kshatriya origin. The growth of trade led to the improvement in the economic conditions of the Vaisyas. As a result, they wanted to enhance their social status but the orthodox Varna system did not allow this. Therefore, they began to extend support to Buddhism and Jainism.
Source - Chapter 4, TN Class 11th "
- The Rules have been framed under the Environment Protection Act, 1986.
- These rules shall apply to wetlands falling in areas covered under Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 and the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980.
- The rules stipulate setting up of a State Wetlands Authority in each State and union territories who will develop a comprehensive list of activities to be regulated and permitted within the notified wetlands and their zone of influence.
1, 2, 3
The environment ministry notified new wetland rules in 2017.
The revision of the Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2017, is to bring the role of state wetlands authorities to the fore for wetlands conservation. As the Rules have been framed under the Environment Protection Act, the ultimate responsibility rests with the ministry of environment, forest and climate change.
The new rules stipulate setting up of a State Wetlands Authority in each State and union territories that will be headed by the State's environment minister and include a range of government officials. They will also include one expert each in the fields of wetland ecology, hydrology, fisheries, landscape planning and socioeconomics to be nominated by the state government.
These authorities will need to develop a comprehensive list of activities to be regulated and permitted within the notified wetlands and their zone of influence, recommend additional prohibited activities for specific wetlands, define strategies for conservation and wise use of wetlands, and undertake measures for enhancing awareness within stakeholders and local communities on values and functions of wetlands.
Applicability of rules.-These rules shall apply to the following wetlands or wetlands complexes, namely:- (a) wetlands categorised as 'wetlands of international importance' under the Ramsar Convention; (b) wetlands as notified by the Central Government, State Government and Union Territory Administration: Provided that these rules shall not apply to the wetlands falling in areas covered under the Indian Forest Act, 1927, the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972, the Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980, the State Forest Acts, and the Coastal Regulation Zone Notification, 2011 as amended from time to time.
- Which of the following pairs is/are correctly matched:
- Delhi Bakht Khan
- Bareily Kunwar Singh
- Bihar Khan Bahadur
1 and 2
2 and 3
- Delhi - Bakht Khan
- Bareily - Khan Bahadur
- Bihar - Kunwar Singh