UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 182
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 182.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Bonds protect the returns of investors from the vagaries of inflation
2. Bonds were launched by finance ministry in 2013 Which of the following below given codes are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
"Home to the Khasi tribal people, Mawlynnong is famous for its exceptional cleanliness, far removed from the noise and dirt of other big cities."
" Mawlynnong Village located in the East Khasi Hills of Meghalaya, also referred as 'God's own garden' has won the acclaim of being the cleanest village in Asia in 2003. The village known for its cleanliness is located around 90 kms from Shillong and is a community based eco-tourism initiative."
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- NHRC has got the right to punish the people found guilty of violation of Human Rights.
- The recommendations of NHRC are binding on the Government.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- The commission may take any of the following steps during or after the completion of an inquiry -
- it may recommend payment of compensation to victims, to concerned government or authority;
- it may recommend to initiate proceedings for prosecution or any other action against the guilty public servant, to the concerned government or authority;
- it may recommend to the concerned government or authority for the grant of immediate interim relief to the victim;
- it may approach the Supreme Court or the concerned high court for the necessary directions, orders or writs.
- Role of the Commission -
- The functions of the commission are mainly recommendatory.
- It cannot punish the violators of human rights, nor to award any relief including monetary relief to the victim.
- Its recommendations are not binding on the concerned government or authority.
- But, it should be informed about the action taken on its recommendations within one month.
- The National Commission has limited powers with respect to the violation of human rights by the members of the armed forces.
- In this sphere, the commission may make its recommendations.
- The Central Government should inform the commission of the action taken on the recommendations within three months.
- The National Commission submit its annual or special reports to the Central government and to the State Government concerned.
- The State Commission submits it to the State Government.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
S and P global
Ind-Ra currently maintains coverage of corporate issuers, financial institutions (including banks and insurance companies), finance and leasing companies, managed funds, urban local bodies, and structured finance and project finance companies.
Headquartered in Mumbai, Ind-Ra has seven branch offices located in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Pune. Ind-Ra is recognised by the Securities and Exchange Board of India, the Reserve Bank of India and National Housing Bank.
Ind-Ra is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Fitch Group.
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), a part of Fitch group has lowered India's gross domestic product (GDP) forecast for financial year (FY) 2019-20 to 6.1%. This was second downgrade in the last two months. "
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
elimination of all forms of differences
opportunities enjoy by citizens must not be pre-determined by birth or social circumstance
equal resources allotted to all citizens irrespective of their socio-economic contribution
unrestricted access to all public and private goods and services to all citizens
The concept of equality implies that all people, as human beings, are entitled to the same rights and opportunities to develop their skills and talents, and to pursue their goals and ambitions.
This means that in a society people may differ with regard to their choices and preferences. They may also have different talents and skills which results in some being more successful in their chosen careers than others.
But just because only some become ace cricketers or successful lawyers, it does not follow that the society should be considered unequal.
In other words, it is not the lack of equality of status or wealth or privilege that is significant but the inequalities in peoples' access to such basic goods, as education, health care, safe housing, that make for an unequal and unjust society. "