UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 73
The Schengen Area is an area comprising 26 European states that have officially abolished all passport and all other types of border control at their mutual borders. "
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
All of the above
- It aims at sensitizing all railway employees about the need to adhere to good ethics and to maintain high standards of integrity at work.
- It is the first programme on ethics and governance by any government organisation in India.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
The FAME India Scheme is aimed at incentivising all vehicle segments i.e. 2 Wheeler, 3 Wheeler Auto, Passenger 4 Wheeler Vehicle, Light Commercial Vehicles and Buses.
The FAME India scheme was launched in 2015 under National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP).
Both A and B
Neither A nor B
The FAME India scheme was launched in 2015 under National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) with an aim to promote eco-friendly vehicles in the country. Its objective is to provide fiscal and monetary incentives for adoption and market creation of both hybrid and electric technologies vehicles.
Twenty-six weeks maternity leave to working women for the first child
The employer may permit a new mother to work from home
Every establishment with more than fifty employees to provide for creche facilities for working mothers
None of the above
'a', 'b' and 'c' are provisions made by the amended act.
- Maternity leave available to working women is to be increased from 12 weeks to 26 weeks for the first two children. Naturally, 26 weeks maternity leave is available to the mother for the birth of her first child.
- Maternity leave of 12 weeks is to be available to mothers adopting a child below the age of three months as well as to the "commissioning mothers". The commissioning mother has been defined as biological mother who uses her egg to create an embryo planted in any other woman.
- Every establishment with more than 50 employees to provide for creche facilities for working mothers and such mothers will be permitted to make four visits during working hours to look after and feed the child in the creche.
- The Bill also gives provision for the employer to permit a new mother to work from home, if the nature of work assigned is of such nature. Work-from-home conditions and period would be mutually agreed upon by the employer and the mother.
- Every establishment would be required to communicate - in writing or electronically - the availability of these benefits at the time of a woman's appointment.