UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 197
- The Department of personnel and training has announced "lateral recruitment" from private sector individuals to join the government at the joint secretary level in the Centre.
- The recruitment will be on full terms basis.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) has invited applications for 10 senior level positions in the Departments of Economic Affairs, Revenue, Commerce and Highways among others.
The recruitment will be on contract basis for three to five years.
As per the notification, the eligibility criteria includes "Individuals working at comparable levels in Private Sector Companies, Consultancy Organisations, International/Multinational Organisations with a minimum of 15 years' experience.
- TRAFFIC is a bureau under United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- The mission of TRAFFIC is to ensure that trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the conservation of nature.
- TRAFFIC's 2020 goal is to help reduce the pressure of illegal and unsustainable wildlife trade on biodiversity
1 and 2
1 and 3
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
- TRAFFIC, the wildlife trade monitoring network, is the leading nongovernmental organization working globally on trade in wild animals and plants in the context of both biodiversity conservation and sustainable development.
- TRAFFIC's mission is to ensure that trade in wild plants and animals is not a threat to the conservation of nature
- TRAFFIC's 2020 goal is:
- Help reduce the pressure of illegal and unsustainable wildlife trade on biodiversity, and
- Enhance the benefits to wildlife conservation and human well-being that derive from trade at sustainable levels.
- Compressed Natural Gas
1, 2 and 3
3 and 4 only
1 and 2 only
All of the above
When a washing machine is a durable good, the detergent used in the washing machine on the other hand is a non-durable good. Other examples are Petrol, Compressed Natural Gas etc.
Tamil Nadu Coast
Opposition of the local people to the activities of the East India Company.
British practice of building settlements and large forts in Bengal.
Refusal of Bengal Nawabs to grant the British concession and tributes in trade.
Political interference of the British in Bengal.
The Battle of Plassey was essentially due the conflicts between the Bengal Nawab and the East India Company. There is no evidence to show that locals were opposed the East India company and it triggered the war.