UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 202
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
Improve military cooperation and interoperability between itself and the armed forces of the participating country in counter-terror operations
Enhance the effectiveness of disaster relief and rescue operations
Help maintain effectiveness of cooperation and interoperability between the three wings of the armed forces
Better coordinate anti-piracy operations in the high seas
"Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Exercises" have taken place in the form of bilateral exercises (one wing of the armed force with its counterpart of another country), between the three wings of the armed forces, between any wing/s of the armed forces and other organisations/stakeholders such as civil administration, municipal corporations, the NCC and so on.
Improvisation: PIB ;
2016: PIB ; "
- NAS focusses mainly on foundational skills like reading and arithmetic, while ASER looks at a wider variety of skills
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
There are now two new sources of data available on children's learning. Recently, ASER 2017 and the district report cards from the National Achievement Survey (NAS) were released.
- Both exercises, one by the government and the other done by non-governmental organisations, indicate a significant shift in thinking about children's learning. In their own ways, both point to the importance of considering stage-wise learning outcomes, a move which will contribute towards a much-needed rethinking of class-wise curricular expectations.
- They are also the only two sources of data that are repeatedly available (whether periodically in the case of NAS or annually in the case of ASER).
- ASER is a household survey and NAS is a school-based effort. ASER conducts its assessment one-on-one, while NAS is a pen-paper test.
- ASER is aimed at a representative sample of all children (whether in school and attending or out of school) whereas NAS is a representative sample of children who are enrolled in government or aided schools.
- Regarding Statement 3: ASER focusses mainly on foundational skills like reading and arithmetic, while NAS looks at a wider variety of skills.
- Government of India created the RIDF in NABARD.
- The eligible activities are classified into Agriculture and related sector, Social sector and rural connectivity.
- Panchayat Raj Institutions, Self Help Groups (SHGs) and NGOs are also eligible to receive funds.
1, 2, 3
The RIDF was set up by the Government in 1995-96 for financing ongoing rural Infrastructure projects. The Fund is maintained by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD). Domestic commercial banks contribute to the Fund to the extent of their shortfall in stipulated priority sector lending to agriculture. The main objective of the Fund is to provide loans to State Governments and State-owned corporations to enable them to complete ongoing rural infrastructure projects.
At present, there are 37 eligible activities under RIDF as approved by GoI. The eligible activities are classified under three broad categories i.e.
- Agriculture and related sector
- Social sector
- Rural connectivity
- State Governments / Union Territories
- State Owned Corporations / State Govt. Undertakings
- State Govt. Sponsored / Supported Organisations
- Panchayat Raj Institutions/Self Help Groups (SHGs)/ NGOs
(provided the projects are submitted through the nodal department of State Government, i.e Finance Department) "
Reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the House of the People.
Representation of the Anglo-Indian community in the House of the People.
Reservation of seats for Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in the Legislative Assemblies of the States.
Representation of the Anglo-Indian community in the Legislative Assemblies of the States.
Representation of the Anglo Indian community in the Hose of the People Notwithstanding anything in Article 81, the President may, if he is of opinion that the Anglo Indian community is not adequately represented in the House of the people, nominate not more than two members of that community to the House of the People.