UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 205
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Gulf of Guinea
- Alboran Sea
- Lake Chad
- Lake Victoria
1 and 3
2 and 3
1 and 4
Also learn which countries neighbor Nigeria - Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
Nagarhole National Park, Mysore
Dibru-Saikhowa National Park, Dibrugarh
Van Vihar National Park, Bhopal
Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai
- Mumbai is home to the highest concentration of leopards anywhere in the world. They capitalise on hunting the animals that man brings into the city.
Refer: Leopards of Mumbai: https://www.bbcearth.com/blog/?article=5-surprising-species-that-are-making-it-in-cities "
- The NCW is a statutory body.
- Chairperson of the commission is selected by a body comprising Prime Minister, Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha and Minister of Women & Child Development.
- Rashtra Mahila is a monthly publication of the commission.
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
None of the above
Statement 2 is incorrect. As per the act; the Chairperson of the commission, committed to the cause of women, is nominated by the Central Government.
Statement 3 is correct. The commission regularly publishes a monthly newsletter, Rashtra Mahila, in both Hindi and English.
- Mughal nobles were well known for their loyalty but wars of successors degenerated the nobility which led to the decline of Mughals.
- Mughal Empire declined due to over-decentralization of administration.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both 1 and 2 only
Neither 1 and 2
Spraying urea with neem oil slows the release of nitrogen, by about 10 to 15 per cent, concomitantly reducing consumption of the fertiliser.
Improvement in soil health.
Neem coating leads to more gradual release of urea, helping plants gain more nutrient and resulting in higher yields.
Lower underground water contamination.
Reduction in pest and disease attack.