UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 210
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
the displacement of rock strata has disturbed the arrangement of rock and made it complex
it is made of crystalline rocks
the terrain makes exploitation of minerals difficult and very costly due to transport difficulties
the climatic conditions are not suitable for exploitation of minerals
- Unlike Cyclones and Ocean currents, tides cannot be predicted well in advance.
- Ocean currents are influenced by Gravitational force and Coriolis force.
- The level of ocean water is lower in equator than in the middle latitudes, because of the Coriolis effect.
1, 2, 3
Since tides are caused by the earth-moon-sun positions which are known accurately, the tides can be predicted well in advance.
Ocean currents are like river flow in oceans. They represent a regular volume of water in a definite path and direction.
The primary forces that influence the currents are: (i) heating by solar energy; (ii) wind; (iii) gravity; (iv) coriolis force.
Heating by solar energy causes the water to expand. That is why, near the equator the ocean water
is about 8 cm higher in level than in the middle latitudes. This causes a very slight gradient
and water tends to flow down the slope. "
1. If an Indian territory is to be ceded to a foreign nation then it requires a formal amendment process under article 368
2. The settlement of boundary disputes also requires a formal amendment process under Article 368.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
According to Supreme Court's 1969 ruling any settlement of a boundary dispute between India and another country does not require a constitutional amendment "
- It oversees several key programs of the Government concerning the Banking Sector, the Insurance Sector and the Pension Sector in India.
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY) is managed by the Department.
- It does not deal with the legislative framework relating to debt recovery, which is the responsibility of RBI.
1, 2, 3
- The mandate of the Department of Financial Services covers the functioning of Banks, Financial Institutions, Insurance Companies and the National Pension System.
- Initiatives and reforms relating to Financial Inclusion, Social Security, and Insurance as a Risk Transfer mechanism; Credit Flow to the key sectors of the economy/ farmers/ common man are some of the key focus areas being dealt by the Department.
- The key flagship schemes being currently run/managed by the Department include the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY), Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY), Atal Pension Yojana (APY), Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) and the Stand-Up India Scheme.
- The Department provides policy support to the Public Sector banks (PSBs), Public Sector Insurance Companies (PSICs) and Development Financial Institutions (DFIs) like National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD), Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd. (IIFCL), National Housing Bank (NHB), Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank), Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI).
- It also monitors the performance of these PSBs, PSICs and DFIs and undertakes policy formulation in respect of the Banking and Insurance Sector in India.
- This Department deals with legislative and policy issues pertaining to the concerned regulatory bodies i.e. the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) and the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
- DFS also deals with the legislative framework relating to debt recovery.
- Matters relating to International Banking relations are also dealt by the Department.
- Alluvial soils are rich in nitrogen content.
- Black soils are rich in iron and lime but deficient in nitrogen.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2