UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 211
Excess of jurisdiction
Lack of jurisdiction
Overlap of jurisdiction
Error of law
In the literal sense, it means 'to be certified' or 'to be informed'. It is issued by a higher court to a lower court or tribunal either to transfer a case pending with the latter to itself or to squash the order of the latter in a case. It is issued on the grounds of excess of jurisdiction or lack of jurisdiction or error of law.
Fundamental Rights, Indian Polity by M Laxmikanth;
- The Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary (VGDS), from Sultanganj to Kahalganj on the Ganga in Bihar is the only dolphin sanctuary in the country.
- Gangetic river dolphin is India's national aquatic animal.
- The Gangetic river dolphin is found only in the Ganges River and their tributaries in India.
1, 2, 3
The Ganges river dolphin is primarily found in the Ganges and Brahmaputra Rivers and their tributaries in Bangladesh, India and Nepal.
The Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary (VGDS), from Sultanganj to Kahalganj on the Ganga in Bihar is the only dolphin sanctuary in the country.
The Ganges river dolphin has been recognized by the government of India as its National Aquatic Animal and is the official animal of the city of Guwahati.
- Turkey is located between Black Sea and Caspian Sea.
- Turkey does not share land border with Iraq.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Turkey is located between Black Sea and Mediterranean Sea.
Turkey shares land borders with 8 countries: Greece, Bulgaria, Syrian Arab Republic, Iraq, Iran, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia.
- It was found at Mohenjo Daro
- It is made up of bronze
- It is held by the Mohenjo Daro Museum, Sindh
2 and 3 Only
1 and 2 Only
1,2 and 3
The bronze dancing girl of the same period discovered at Mohenjodaro is perhaps the greatest surviving achievement of the metal work of the Harappan age. This world-famous figure shows a female dancing figure standing as if relaxing after a dance number, with her right hand on her hip and the left dangling free. She wears a large number of bangles, probably made of bone or ivory on her left arm together with a couple of pairs on her right arm.
The statuette is a great master piece of the art of the metal craftsman of the period who knew the art of bronze casting in the cire perdue or lost-wax process
The statuette was discovered by British archaeologist Ernest Mackay in 1926, prior to the Partition of India. It is held by the National Museum, New Delhi, and ownership is disputed by Pakistan. "
- Petcoke is a toxic fuel used in hazardous industries.
- Petcoke is imported from countries like the U.S. and China.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct: Petcoke is mostly imported from countries like the U.S. and China. These countries have already stopped using them after due consideration of its harmful effects on human and environment.