UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 212
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
1. Wetlands International is one of the UN Specialized agencies
2. Luc Hoffmann Medal was presented by Wetlands International for Wetland Science and Conservation
Which of the following codes below given is/are NOT correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
- It is an initiative that aims to sequence and catalog the genomes of all of Earth's eukaryotic species.
- The initiative would produce an open DNA database of biological information that provides a platform for scientific research and supports environmental and conservation initiatives.
- It was launched by U.S National Institutes of Health (NIH).
1, 2, 3
International biologists have launched Earth BioGenome Project (EBP), an initiative that aims to sequence and catalog the genomes of all of Earth's currently described eukaryotic species over a period of ten years. The initiative would produce an open DNA database of biological information that provides a platform for scientific research and supports environmental and conservation initiatives.
- The act is known as the Act for the Good Government of India.
- An Indian Legislative Council was established with local representation for the first time.
- The civil service was thrown open to the Indians.
1, 2, 3
Government of India Act of 1858 - known as the Act for the Good Government of India.
Charter Act of 1853:
It established a separate Governor-General's legislative council which came to be known as the Indian (Central) Legislative Council.
It introduced an open competition system of selection and recruitment of civil servants. The covenanted civil service was thus thrown open to the Indians also.
It introduced, for the first time, local representation in the Indian (Central) Legislative Council. "
- REITs are mutual fund like institutions that enable investments mainly in completed and revenue generating real estate assets.
- REITS are regulated by the securities market regulator in India.
- A REIT can be launched as an initial public offer (IPO).
1, 2, 3
REITs are similar to mutual funds. While mutual funds provide for an opportunity to invest in equity stocks, REITs allow one to invest in income-generating real estate assets.
They are collective investment vehicles that operate and manage property portfolios and give returns to investors. Securities and Exchange Board of India (Sebi) mandated that all REITS be listed on exchanges and make an initial public offer to raise money.
REITs can reduce the risk related to your property investments as 80 per cent of the value of the REIT should be in completed and rent-generating assets. They are required to be run by professional managements with specified years of experience notified by SEBI.
A REIT can be launched as an initial public offer (IPO). An investor can apply for investment in the REIT through his demat account, either online or by filling up the IPO form and indicating demat account details. After the issue is closed, the REIT will allot units to eligible investors.