UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 220
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 220.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 76 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Cryptocurrency is operating independently of a central bank.
This is a math-based, decentralised convertible virtual currency that is protected by cryptography.
Question 77 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 78 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
U.S. President Donald J. Trump has signed into law the Asia Reassurance Initiative Act (ARIA), which has already been passed by the U.S. Senate.
- The ARIA Act, specifically, calls for America's increased engagement in the Indo-Pacific region and strengthened support, including arms sales, for U.S. allies in the region.
- The act develops a long-term strategic vision and a comprehensive, multifaceted, and principled United States policy for the Indo-Pacific region.
Question 79 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Bank for International Settlements
National Biodiversity Authorities
Financial Intelligence Units
About Egmont Group: It is a united body of 159 Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs). The Egmont Group provides a platform for the secure exchange of expertise and financial intelligence to combat money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF). It supports the efforts of its international partners and other stakeholders to give effect to the resolutions and statements by the United Nations Security Council, the G20 Finance Ministers, and the Financial Action Task Force (FATF).
In the news ( PIB ): The Cabinet has given its approval to the revised Model Memorandum of Understanding between the Financial Intelligence Unit(FIU) - India (FIU-Ind) with its counterpart foreign Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs) for exchange of information. The revised Model MoU was drafted based on Egmont Group Secretariat revised Model MoU 2014.
The core functions of FIU-IND in relation to foreign FIUs include
- screening and processing requests from foreign Financial Intelligence Units (FIUs),
- disseminating information to foreign FIUs,
- establishing and maintaining relationship with foreign FIUs, and
- facilitating, administering and negotiating MoUs with foreign FIUs.
Most of the foreign FIUs require an MoU to be signed for sharing of information with them. "
Question 80 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Green crackers are so named because they do not contain harmful chemicals that would cause air pollution.
- In green crackers the commonly used polluting chemicals like aluminium, barium, potassium nitrate and carbon
- It is being developed by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) labs
1 and 3
1 and 2
2 and 3
1,2 and 3
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) scientists has developed less polluting green firecrackers named as (a) Safe Water Releaser (SWAS) (b) Safe Thermite Cracker (STAR) and (c) Safe Minimal Aluminium (SAFAL).