UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 220
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 220.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 11 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- He sent his children to Sri Lanka to spread Buddhism.
- Ashokavadana, a source about Ashoka is written in Sanskrit.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 12 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Prabandhas - Composition by Alvars
- Dravida Veda - Composition by Nayanars
- Ashtadhyayi - Sanskrit treatise on grammar written by Kapila
Vaishnava poet-saints known as alvars (a Tamil word denoting those drowned in Vishnu-bhakti) preached single-minded devotion (ekatmika bhakti) for Vishnu and their songs were collectively known as prabandhas.
The Shaiva movement in the South flourished at the beginning through the activities of many of the 63 saints known in Tamil as Nayanars (Siva-bhakts). Their appealing emotional songs in Tamil were called Tevaram Stotras, also known as Dravida Veda and ceremonially sung in the local Shiva temples.
Ashtadhyayi - Sanskrit treatise on grammar written in the 6th to 5th century BCE by the Indian grammarian Panini. "
Question 13 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Andhra Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
1, 2, 3 and 4 only.
2, 3, and 5 only
1, 2 and 3 only
1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
The States involved in the Cauvery and Godavari river-linking project are Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Odisha, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Question 14 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Samkhya does not accept the theory of rebirth or transmigration of soul.
- Samkhya holds that it is the self-knowledge that leads to liberation and not any exterior influence or agent.
The Samkhya School denies the existence of God. However, rebirth and transmigration of soul are inherent in the Samkhya School.
Liberation results from the disappearance of the limitations of self-awareness.
Question 15 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is as an autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization to conduct entrance examinations for higher educational institutions.
- NTA will be chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by MHRD.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
NTA will be chaired by an eminent educationist appointed by MHRD. Statement 2 is correct
The CEO will be the Director General to be appointed by the Government. There will be a Board of Governors comprising members from user institutions. The Director General will be assisted by 9 verticals headed by academicians/ experts.