UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 81
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 81.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Arab free trade zone
Support to Palestine independence
Military coalition to fight the ISIS
Greenhouse gas reduction
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
It is a jet engine that consumes only half the fuel that traditional aircraft engines utilise to generate the same thrust
It is a part jet engine, part rocket engine that will enable hypersonic travel around the earth
This engine will power NASA's Quiet Supersonic Technology-based X-planes that will enable supersonic travel around the earth
None of the above
Reaction Engines Limited (REL), the UK company developing a revolutionary aerospace engine, recently announced investments from both Boeing and Rolls-Royce.
- REL is working on a propulsion system that is part jet engine, part rocket engine. The company believes it will transform the space launch market and usher in hypersonic travel around the Earth.
- 'Hypersonic' refers to speeds of more than five times the speed of sound (Mach 5).
- REL is developing what it calls the Sabre engine. This power plant is designed to push a vehicle from a standing start all the way to orbit in a single step.
- It would work like a conventional jet engine up to about Mach 5.5 before then transitioning to a rocket mode for the rest of the ascent.
- Key technologies include a compact pre-cooler heat-exchanger that can take an incoming airstream at a temperature of over 1,000C and cool it to -150C in less than 1/100th of a second. This would permit Sabre to use oxygen direct from the atmosphere for combustion instead of carrying it in a tank with the weight penalty that implies.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The city was fortified by Sawai Raja Man Singh therefore called a Walled city.
- The city is home to a UNESCO world heritage site.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct. Jantar Mantar of Jaipur is part of UNESCO World Heritage list and the Jaipur city itself has the UNESCO World Heritage City tag.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- A consumer price index (CPI) measures changes in the general level of prices of goods and services that households acquire for the purpose of consumption.
- The wholesale price index basket contains all goods and services sectors in its ambit.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is incorrect: The wholesale price index basket has no representation of the services sector and all the constituents are only goods whose prices are captured at the wholesale/producer level.