UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 82
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 82.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Baha'i community - Oman
- Rohingya community - Myanmar
- Uyghurs community - China
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
- The Baha'is community are among the most persecuted religious minorities in the world.
- In Iran, where the religion was founded, universities refuse to admit Baha'i students, Baha'i cemeteries have been destroyed and the country's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Khamenei has confiscated properties from Baha'i families. Baha'is have also been discriminated against in Yemen and in Egypt.
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Migingo is a small rock Island, located in Lake Victoria which is the largest lake in Africa and the
largest Tropical Lake in the whole world.
For over a decade, Migingo has been a source of tension between Uganda and Kenya, who have
been unable to decide to whom it really belongs. "
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- A company is not bound to pay dividend on preference shares if its profits in a particular year are insufficient.
- Generally, preference shares do not carry voting rights.
- Dividend on preference shares has to be paid at a fixed rate.
- Preference shares create mortgage or charge on the assets of the company.
1, 2 and 3
1, 3 and 4
1, 2 and 4
2, 3 and 4
Preference shares are those shares which carry certain special or priority rights.
- A company is not bound to pay dividend on preference shares if its profits in a particular year are insufficient. It can postpone the dividend in case of cumulative preference shares also. No fixed burden is created on its finances.
- The rate of dividend on preference shares is fixed. Therefore, with the rise in its earnings, the company can provide the benefits of trading on equity to the equity shareholders.
- Generally, preference shares do not carry voting rights. Therefore, a company can raise capital without dilution of control. Equity shareholders retain exclusive control over the company
Statement 4 is incorrect:
Preference shares do not create any mortgage or charge on the assets of the company. The company can keep its fixed assets free for raising loans in future.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Be one of the flagship "Make in India" projects in the power sector
- Ensure that future international collaborations in nuclear projects are pursued only if the associated high-end technologies will be transferred to India
- Generate tens of thousands of jobs directly and indirectly
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
- in a first of its kind project for India's nuclear power sector, the ten new pressurised heavy water nuclear reactor units will come up in fleet mode as a fully homegrown initiative. It would be one of the flagship "Make in India" projects in this sector.
- With likely manufacturing orders of close to 70,000 crores to the domestic industry, the project will help transform Indian nuclear industry by linking our goal of a strong nuclear power sector with our indigenous industrial capacities in high-end technologies.
- This Project will bring about substantial economies of scale and maximise cost and time efficiencies by adopting fleet mode for execution.
- It is expected to generate more than 33,400 jobs in direct and indirect employment.
- With manufacturing orders to domestic industry, it will be a major step towards strengthening India's credentials as a major nuclear manufacturing powerhouse.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is a major initiative towards doubling of farmers' income.
- It is an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes of the Ministry Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval for re-structuring the schemes of the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) under new Central Sector Scheme - SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) for the period 2016-20 coterminous with the 14th Finance Commission cycle. Thus statement 2 is incorrect.
The objective of SAMPADA is to supplement agriculture, modernize processing and decrease agri-waste.SAMPADA is an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes of the Ministry like Mega Food Parks, Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure, Food Safety and Quality Assurance Infrastructure, etc. and also new schemes like Infrastructure for Agro-processing Clusters, Creation of Backward and Forward Linkages, Creation / Expansion of Food Processing & Preservation Capacities.