YOU may join our Telegram for all subjects PDF BOOKS.
UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 83
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Major Rock Edict I talks about prohibiting animal slaughter.
- Major Rock Edict VII talks about tolerance for all religions.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Madhya Pradesh
1, 2, 3 and 4
1, 3, 4 and 5
1, 4, 5 and 6
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
- November 1 is celebrated as
- Kannada Rajyotsava in karnataka
- 'Kerala Piravi Dinam' in the kerala
- Madhya Pradesh, the second largest state in the country by area and sixth-largest in terms of population, was formed on Nov 1, 1956.It is the second largest state in India in terms of area and has the sixth-largest population among Indian states
- Rajasthan is a state in the north western region of India. The state covers 10.4 percent of the total geographical area of India. It is the largest Indian state by area and the seventh largest by population. Rajasthan was reorganised on November 1, 1956
- On November 1, Punjab celebrates its Formation Day. The Punjabi Suba movement was one of the key events in the formation of Punjab in the erstwhile East Punjab state of India in the 1950s. The movement, led by the Akali Dal, resulted in the formation of the Punjabi-majority Punjab state, the Haryanvi-Hindi-majority Haryana state and the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
- The state of Chhattisgarh was carved out of the state of Madhya Pradesh on Nov 1, 2000. It is the tenth largest state of India
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- installation of grid-connected solar power plants in the rural areas.
- installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfil irrigation needs of farmers not connected to grid.
- solarisation of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power generated to DISCOM and get extra income.
1, 2, 3
The KUSUM scheme has three components:
(i) installation of grid-connected solar power plants each of Capacity up to 2 MW in the rural areas;
(ii) installation of standalone off-grid solar water pumps to fulfil irrigation needs of farmers not connected to grid; and
(iii) solarisation of existing grid-connected agriculture pumps to make farmers independent of grid supply and also enable them to sell surplus solar power generated to DISCOM and get extra income. "
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- Bharath Natya
1, 2, 3 and 4
2, 3, 4 and 5
1, 2, 4 and 5
All of the above
- Tradition of Vedic chanting.
- Ramlila, the traditional performance of the Ramayana.
- Kutiyattam, Sanskrit theatre.
- Ramman, religious festival and ritual theatre of the Garhwal Himalayas.
- Mudiyettu, ritual theatre and dance drama of Kerala.
- Kalbelia folk songs and dances of Rajasthan.
- Chhau dance.
- Buddhist chanting of Ladakh: recitation of sacred Buddhist texts in the trans-Himalayan Ladakh region, Jammu and Kashmir.
- Sankirtana, ritual singing, drumming and dancing of Manipur.
- Traditional brass and copper craft of utensil making among the Thatheras of Jandiala Guru, Punjab.
- Kumbh Mela