YOU CAN DOWNLOAD 200+ SUBJECTS PDF BOOK FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATIONS
UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 84
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- They are found in hills of the northeastern region and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- These forests are well stratified.
- Species found in these forests include rosewood, mahogony, aini and ebony.
Littoral and Swamp Forests
Moist Deciduous Forests
Tropical Evergreen Forests
Tropical Evergreen forests are found in the western slope of the Western Ghats, hills of the northeastern region and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
They are found in warm and humid areas with an annual precipitation of over 200 cm and mean annual temperature above 220C.
Tropical evergreen forests are well stratified, with layers closer to the ground and are covered with shrubs and creepers, with short structured trees followed by tall variety of trees.
In these forests, trees reach great heights up to 60 m or above. There is no definite time for trees to shed their leaves, flowering and fruition. As such these forests appear green all the year round. Species found in these forests include rosewood, mahogony, aini, ebony, etc. "
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
1.Both were built in the same period.
2.Both belong to the same religious denomination.
3.Both have rock-cut monuments.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
None of the statements given above is correct
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
Demarcation boundary line between North Korea and South Korea
Chinas OBOR plan to construct new canal to replace Malacca Strait
Undefined demarcation line used by the Republic of China for their claims of the major part of the South China Sea
Both (b) and (c)
- At the heart of the South China Sea dispute is the "nine-dash line", Beijing's claim that encircles as much as 90 per cent of the contested waters. The line runs as far as 2,000km from the Chinese mainland to within a few hundred kilometres of the Philippines, Malaysia and Vietnam. Beijing maintains it owns any land or features contained within the line, which confers vaguely defined "historical maritime rights".
- The nine-dash line-at various times also referred to as the ten-dash line and the eleven-dash line-refers to the undefined, vaguely located, demarcation line used initially by the Republic of China (1912-1949) and subsequently the governments of the Republic of China (ROC, which governs Taiwan) and the People's Republic of China (PRC), for their claims of the major part of the South China Sea.
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
- ISRO Thiruvanthapuram
- IUCAA Pune
- IUAC Bengaluru
A3 B2 C4 D1
A1 B2 C3 D4
A2 B4 C1 D3
A3 B1 C2 D4
Inter-University Accelaerator Centre (IUAC) is an autonomous research facility of University Grants Commission which is based in New Delhi. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is a major space research centre of the Indian Space Research Organisation, focusing on rocket and space vehicles, is located in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW THE RIGHT ANSWER]
President of India
Speaker, Lok Sabha
Leader of the House
Secretary, Lok Sabha
The speaker has the following powers and duties:
- He maintains order and decorum in the House for conducting its business and regulating its proceedings. This is his primary responsibility and he has final power in this regard.
- He is the final interpreter of the provisions of (a) the Constitution of India, (b) the Rules of Procedure and Conduct of Business of Lok Sabha, and (c) the parliamentary precedents, within the House.
- He adjourns the House or suspends the meeting in absence of a quorum. The quorum to constitute a meeting of the House is one-tenth of the total strength of the House.