UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 89
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Rajmahal Highland consists of lava flow deposits.
- Bundelkhand Gneiss belongs to the oldest Archean rocks of India.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
- NW-2 Meghalaya
- NW-4 Kerala
- NW6 Assam
1 and 3
2 and 3
- National Waterways Act came into effect in 2016. It proposed 106 additional National Waterways and merges 5 existing Acts which were declared the 5 National Waterways.
- In 1986, the Government of India created Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) for regulation and development of Inland Waterways for navigation and shipping.
- Out of the 111 National Waterways declared under the National Waterways Act, 2016, 13 are operational for shipping and navigation and cargo/passenger vessels are moving on them.
Refer: Facts for prelims: "
- It is chaired by the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- The council is mandated to meet at least twice a year.
- It was originally known as the National Council for Older Persons which was set up in 2012.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
"The National Policy on Older Persons (NPOP), 1999 envisages State support to ensure financial and food security, health care, shelter and other needs of older persons, equitable share in development, protection against abuse and exploitation, and availability of services to improve the quality of their lives. The policy also covers issues like social security, intergenerational bonding, family as the primary caretaker, role of Non-Governmental Organizations, training of manpower, research and training."
"The National Council of Older Persons was constituted in 1999 to monitor the implementation of the Policy and advise the Government on issues related to the welfare of senior citizens."
About National Policy and Council on/of Older Persons/Senior Citizens: http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=108092 "
- It facilitates online procurement of goods and services by various Government Departments.
- Central and State Public Sector Units and local bodies can also make procurement through GeM portal.
- SEBI empaneled credit rating agencies are being used for conducting third-party assessment of suppliers.
1, 2, 3
Government e-Marketplace (GeM) is a one stop portal to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments / Organizations / PSUs. GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
All Central government and State Government Ministries/Departments including its attached/subordinate offices, Central and State autonomous bodies, Central and State Public Sector Units and local bodies etc. are authorized to make procurement through GeM portal.
GeM is a completely secure platform and all the documents on GeM are e-Signed at various stages by the buyers and sellers. The antecedents of the suppliers are verified online and automatically through MCA21, Aadhar and PAN databases. In addition, SEBI empaneled credit rating agencies are also being used for conducting third-party assessment of suppliers.
1. On the recommendation of Sukhamoy chakraborty, Government of India established national housing bank
2. The Head Office of NHB is at Mumbai.
Which of the following codes given below is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
The Sub-Group on Housing Finance for the Seventh Five Year Plan (1985-90) identified the non-availability of long-term finance to individual households on any significant scale as a major lacuna impeding progress of the housing sector and recommended the setting up of a national level institution. The Committee of Secretaries considered' the recommendation and set up the High Level Group under the Chairmanship of Dr. C. Rangarajan, the then Deputy Governor, RBI to examine the proposal and recommended the setting up of National Housing Bank as an autonomous housing finance institution. The recommendations of the High Level Group were accepted by the Government of India.
* The Hon'ble Prime Minister of India, while presenting the Union Budget for 1987-88 on February 28, 1987 announced the decision to establish the National Housing Bank (NHB) as an apex level institution for housing finance. Following that, the National Housing Bank Bill (91 of 1987) providing the legislative framework for the establishment of NHB was passed by Parliament in the winter session of 1987 and with the assent of the Hon'ble President of India on December 23, 1987, became an Act of Parliament.
* The National Housing Policy, 1988 envisaged the setting up of NHB as the Apex level institution for housing.
* In pursuance of the above, NHB was set up on July 9, 1988 under the National Housing Bank Act, 1987.
* Reserve Bank of India contributed the entire paid-up capital.
* The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs and business of NHB vest, under the Act, in a Board of Directors.
* The Head Office of NHB is at New Delhi. "