UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 63
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
A mains-oriented question. The data and source will add 'colour' to your answers/essays.
- The world is likely to cross 1.2$^\circ$C of global warming above pre-industrial levels in 2016, coming dangerously close to breaching the 1.5$^\circ$C warming level, which is an ambitious target to stay safe from the worst impacts of climate change.
- In a preliminary assessment provided by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) in its 'Status of the Global Climate in 2016' report, the global UN weather agency warned here on Monday that 2016 will be the hottest year on record, with global temperatures even higher than what 2015 experienced.
- Increasing the number of puisne judges in Supreme Court
- Creation of new States
- Abolition of Legislative Councils of state assembly
- Addition of new fundamental right
A number of provisions in the Constitution can be amended by a simple majority of the two Houses of Parliament outside the scope of Article 368. These provisions include:
These provisions include:
1.A No-Confidence Motion should state the reasons for its adoption in the Lok Sabha.
2.If Censure motion is passed in the Lok Sabha, the council of ministers need not resign from the office.
3.Adjournment Motion is introduced in the Parliament to draw attention of the House to a definite matter of urgent public importance and needs the support of 100 members to be admitted.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3 only
Adjournment Motion is introduced in the Parliament to draw attention of the House to a definite matter of urgent public importance and needs the support of 50 members to be admitted. "
- Its service area encompasses all South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation countries except Afghanistan
- The constellation of satellites are located in geosynchronous and geostationary orbits
- The latest satellite to be launched had a lift-off mass of 2,425 kilograms
2 and 3 only
1 and 2 Only
1 and 3 Only
The PSLV cannot launch a payload weighing that much into the geosynchronous and geostationary orbit.
- Nilgiri Tahr
- Rufous- Breasted Laughingtrush
- White Bellied Shortwing
1 and 3
2 and 3
1,2 and 3
Mammals Endemic to Western Ghats:
There are at least 139 mammal species. Of the 16 endemic mammals, 13 are threatened and amongst the 32 threatened species include the critically endangered Malabar large-spotted civet, the endangered lion-tailed macaque, Nilgiri tahr, Bengal tiger and Indian elephants, the vulnerable Indian leopard, Nilgiri langur and gaur
Birds Endemic to Western Ghats:
16 species of birds endemic to the Western Ghats including the endangered rufous-breasted laughingthrush, the vulnerable Nilgiri wood-pigeon, white-bellied shortwing and broad-tailed grassbird, the near threatened grey-breasted laughingthrush, black-and-rufous flycatcher, Nilgiri flycatcher, and Nilgiri pipit, and the least concern Malabar (blue-winged) parakeet, Malabar grey hornbill, white-bellied treepie, grey-headed bulbul, rufous babbler, Wynaad laughingthrush, white-bellied blue-flycatcher and the crimson-backed sunbird.