UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 94
- The largest working wind farm of India is near Kanyakumari.
- For optimum generation of wind energy, the wind speed should be higher than 50km/h.
- A wind plant also utilises storage cells for the backup when there is no wind.
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
All of them
- The largest wind energy farm has been established near Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu and it generates 380 MW of electricity.
- The wind speed should also be higher than 15 km/h to maintain the required speed of the turbine.
- Furthermore, there should be some back-up facilities (like storage cells) to take care of the energy needs during a period when there is no wind.
- Solution - Homogeneous mixture
- Suspension - They scatter light
- Colloid - size of the particle is too small
1,2 and 3
2 and 3 only
1 and 2
1 and 3
- It uses a 'challenge' or competition method to select cities for funding
- Retrofitting is not a concept that receives support under this mission
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
In the news : Announcing the new batch of smart cities at a National Workshop on Urban Transformation here today, Minister of Urban Development and Housing & Urban Poverty Alleviation Shri M.Venkaiah Naidu said that 45 cities contested for 40 available smart city slots but only 30 were selected to ensure feasible and workable plans that match the aspirations of the citizens as directed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi while launching the mission. The Minister said that 20 cities will be contesting for the remaining 10 slots under smart city mission "