UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 103
Click on any option to know the CORRECT ANSWERS
- Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is an autonomous and statutory body of Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) was set up in 2007 under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005.
- CARA is an autonomous body while NCPCR is a statutory body.
1 and 2
2 and 3
1 and 3
1, 2 and 3
- Central Adoption Resource Authority (CARA) is an autonomous and statutory body of Ministry of Women and Child Development in the Government of India, set up in 1990.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) was set up in March 2007 under the Commissions for Protection of Child Rights (CPCR) Act, 2005, is a statutory body under the administrative control of the Ministry of Women & Child Development.
- Agenda 21 is a non-binding action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development.
- It is a product of the Earth Summit (UN Conference on Environment and Development) held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1992.
- The "21" in Agenda 21 refers to 21 points agreed upon by the member countries to achieve sustainable development.
1, 2, 3
Agenda 21 is a non-binding action plan of the United Nations with regard to sustainable development. It is a product of the Earth Summit (UN Conference on Environment and Development) held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, in 1992. The "21" in Agenda 21 refers to the 21st century. Its aim is achieving global sustainable development. One major objective of the agenda 21 is that every local government should draw its own local Agenda 21. Since 2015, Sustainable Development Goals are included in the Agenda 2030.
Aleppo and Damascus
Turkey and Iran
Syria and Iraq
Damascus and Amman
The nine-year-old war in Syria is currently raging in the northwestern province of Idlib, with rapidly escalating tensions between government forces of President Bashar al-Assad and the Turkish military. Assad has been pushing for weeks to recapture Idlib, which, along with parts of neighbouring Hama, Latakia and Aleppo, are the last remaining strongholds of the rebel opposition and other groups that have been attempting to overthrow Assad since 2011. Idlib skirts the two national highways and lies between Aleppo in the north and Damascus in the south. It's proximity to the Turkish border makes Idlib strategically important to the Syrian government.
- It is the oldest convention for protection of biodiversity.
- It is also known as Washington Convention.
- Although CITES is not legally binding on the Parties but they are expected to prepare a National Framework on prevention of illegal trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora.
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
It is also known as Washington Convention
Statement 3 is Incorrect: It is a legally Binding treaty on the Parties. We note here that CITES does not take place of the national laws on protection of wild flora and fauna. Rather it provides a framework to be respected by each Party, which has to adopt its own domestic legislation to ensure that CITES is implemented at the national level.
To preserve the rich heritage of our composite culture
To develop the scientific temper and spirit of inquiry
To strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity
To protect the weaker sections from social injustice