UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 111
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 111.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 46 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
papers / EVMs in India, consider the following statements: 1. It was introduced according to the directions of Supreme Court.
2. If the number of electors opting for NOTA options is more than the number
of votes polled by any of the candidates then re-election will be conducted for
the respective constituency. Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
According to the directions of Supreme Court, the Election Commission
made provision in the ballot papers / EVMs for None of the Above (NOTA)
option so that the voters who come to the polling booth and decide not to vote
for any of the candidates in the fray, are able to exercise their right not to
vote for such candidates while maintaining the secrecy of their ballot.
The voters polled against the NOTA option are not taken into account for
calculating the total valid voters polled by the contesting candidates for
the purpose of return of security deposits to candidates. Even if the number
of electors opting for NOTA options is more than the number of votes
polled by any of the candidates, the candidate who secures the largest
number of votes has to be declared elected.
Question 47 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The bank was set up based on the recommendations of the Hilton-Young Commission.
- Performs merchant banking function for the central and the state governments; also acts as their banker.
- Manages the Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999.
- Issues and exchanges or destroys currency and coins not fit for circulation.
1 and 3 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 4 only
1, 2, 3, and 4
Question 48 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Sangam age
- Kalbaharas rule
- Pallavas rule
After the decline of the Sangam Age in the Tamil country, the Kalabhra rule lasted for about 250 years. Thereafter, the Pallavas established their kingdom in Tondaimandalam with its capital at Kanchipuram. Their rule continued till Tondaimandalam was captured and annexed by the Imperial Cholas in the beginning of the tenth century A.D "
Question 49 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Olive ridley turtle
Question 50 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Income tax Act, 1961
Companies Act, 2013
GST Act, 2017
Competition Act, 2002
Learning- The National Anti-profiteering Authority (NAA) is the institutional mechanism under GST law to check the unfair profit-making activities by the trading community.
- The Authority's core function is to ensure that the benefits of the reduction is GST rates on goods and services made by GST Council and proportional change in the Input tax credit passed on to the ultimate consumers and recipient respectively by way of reduction in the prices by the suppliers. "