UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 111
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 111.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 26 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
space travel, surgery and magnetic levitation
surgery, magnetic levitation and telemetry
space travel, surgery telemetry
space travel, magnetic levitation and telemetry
Cryosurgery is the branch of surgery which is used to destroy malignant tissue such as cancer cells etc.
'cryosurgery technology' is also used in production of very high magnetic field and remote sensing.
Question 27 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
It is a collaboration between institutions from India and Russia
It studies the role of sunspots in generation of coronal mass ejections
It studies the origin of cosmic rays
It issues warnings to the International Space Station of imminent impact of space junk larger than one centimetre
- GRAPES-3 (Gamma Ray Astronomy PeV EnergieS phase-3) is designed to study cosmic rays with an array of air shower detectors and a large area muon detector (muons are a type of cosmic ray).
- The GRAPES-3 experiment located at Ooty in India started as a collaboration of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, India and the Osaka City University, Osaka, Japan. At present many institutions from India and Japan are in collaboration.
- In the news: The GRAPES-3 experiment at Tata Institute of Fundamental Research's Cosmic Ray Laboratory in Ooty is getting upgraded. The telescope made news last year when it detected the effect of a solar storm that hit the earth in June 2015. The upgrade will play a major role in getting precise information about the propagation of storms in 'the last million miles' (from the L-1 point) of their journey from the Sun to the earth.
- The upgraded detector will have an increased coverage of the sky and improved capacity to determine the direction of incident cosmic rays. The latter property, of being able to discern the direction of detected particles, makes it unique among cosmic ray detectors in the world; it can also to measure the intensity of the particles.
Question 28 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Increasing dense forest cover
Promoting export of agricultural products
Tree Planting with Agricultural Crops
Increasing bio-fuel production
"Har Medh Par Pedh" - Tree Planting with Agricultural Crops
- Tree plantation on farm land "Har Medh Par Ped", along with crops/ cropping system.
- Multipurpose tree species with short, medium and long term returns be planted, so that farmers may get additional income at regular intervals. These can include fruits, fodder, medicinal, timber & aromatic tree species.
- The scheme is being implemented in the States which exempted selected tree species from transit permit.
Question 29 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Providing free generic drugs to persons under BPL category.
Setting up Jan Aushadhi Kendras in rural and remote areas of the country.
Mobile application to search Janaushadhi generic medicines and stores
None of the above
Union Ministry for Chemicals and Fertilizers has launched a mobile application "Janaushadhi Sugam".
- The application aims to enable people to search Janaushadhi generic medicines and the stores at the tip of their fingers.
- It will also help analyse product comparison of Generic vs Branded medicine in form of MRP & overall Savings.
Question 30 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- OPEC+ is a group of oil-producing nations, entirely made up non-OPEC members and Russia.
- The aim of OPEC+ was to undertake production restrictions to help revive a flailing market.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
What is the Opec+?
- Opec+ refers to the alliance of crude producers, who have been undertaking corrections in supply in the oil markets since 2017.
- OPEC plus countries include Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Brunei, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Oman, Russia, South Sudan and Sudan.
What are their goals?
- The Opec and non-Opec producers first formed the alliance at a historic meeting in Algiers in 2016.
- The aim was to undertake production restrictions to help resuscitate a flailing market.