UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 113
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 113.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 96 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 97 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1 and 2 only
1 and 3 only
Aryabhata is the first Indian spacecraft that was also built in the country.
- 'Bhashya', usually refers to commentary on a text. For instance, Patanjali's Mahabhashya is a commentary on Panini's Ashtadhyayi as well as Katyayana's Varttika.
- Aryabhatibhashya, according to Wikipedia , is a commentary by Bhaskara I, a mathematician belonging to the 7th Century A.D., on Aryabhatta's work.
- Aryabhatta's work includes the Aryabhatiyam and the Aryasiddhanta.
- Brihatsamhita is Varahamihira's work.
Improvisation: TH: Looking back at first Indian 'space baby' ; "
Question 98 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- While the ASI is compiled and published by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, the same for IIP is done by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
- The ASI's publications come with around 2-3 years lag whereas the IIP in comparison serves as a short-term indicator of industrial performance
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Both are dealt with by the Central Statistics Office of the MoSPI (there are other ministries/departments that assist in data collection and/or other associated activities, but these surveys are managed and published by the CSO).
- ASI survey is annual but its summary results get delayed by 2-3 years and detailed results take even longer. NSSO's unorganised sector survey is quinquennial so information on inter year could only be estimated. Even NSSO survey results become available with a considerable time lag. Most countries, therefore, have an index of industrial production (IIP) as a short term indicator of industrial performance.
- Index of Industrial Production is compiled and published every month with a time lag of six weeks from the reference month.
Question 99 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The scheme is aimed at doubling the income of two lakh rural poor.
- The JOHAR scheme will be aided by the Asian Development Bank.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 or 2
Statement 2 is incorrect as the scheme is aided by the World Bank. The World Bank also sanctioned a sum of Rs 40 crore for its execution during the fiscal year 2017-18
Question 100 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]