UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 113
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 113.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 16 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The President's special address to the Parliament has been provided under Article 87 of the Constitution.
- In the case of the first session after each general election, the President addresses only the newly-elected Lok Sabha members and later the Members subscribe to the oath or affirmation and the Speaker is elected.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 17 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- They are borrowed from the Constitution of Ireland.
- They are non-justiciable.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 18 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
The Prime Minister
The Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC)
An eminent individual appointed by a committee consisting of the PM, the MoFECC and leader of opposition from the Lok Sabha
An eminent individual appointed by a committee consisting of members of the Union Cabinet and the MoEFCC
The National Board for Wildlife is chaired by India's Prime Minister and its vice chairman is Minister of Environment. Further, the board is mammoth body with 47-members including Parliament Members, NGOs, eminent conservationists, ecologists and environmentalists, Government secretaries of various departments, Chief of the Army Staff, Director General of Forests, tourism etc. etc.
- The members include 15 non-government members, 19 ex-officio members and 10 government officials such as secretaries.
- There is a standing committee of the board which approves all the projects falling within protected wildlife areas or within 10 km of them; but notably, law does not specify the formation of the standing committee. The rules under the wildlife law allow the board to take decisions with half the members but are silent about the standing committee.
Question 19 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is started by World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- It is celebrated on 21st April every year.
- It is to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem solving with respect to advancing the sustainable development goals.
1 and 2 only
2 and 3 only
1, 2 and 3
Statement 2 is correct: On 21st April, World Creativity and Innovation Day 2020 is being celebrated.
Statement 3 is correct: Its aim is to raise awareness around the importance of creativity and innovation in problem solving with respect to advancing the United Nations sustainable development goals.
Question 20 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
In the news ( BBC ): The mineral talc in its natural form contains asbestos and does cause cancer, however, asbestos-free talc has been used in baby powder and other cosmetics since the 1970s. The studies on asbestos-free talc have so far given contradictory results.
Geology.com (Talc ): Most people are familiar with the mineral talc. It can be crushed into a white powder that is widely known as "talcum powder." This powder has the ability to absorb moisture, absorb oils, absorb odor, serve as a lubricant, and produce an astringent effect with human skin. These properties make talcum powder an important ingredient in many baby powders, foot powders, first aid powders, and a variety of cosmetics.