UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 1 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Lignite is also called Brown Coal.
- Anthracite coal is also called Hard Coal.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
Question 2 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Temperature inversion can contribute to prolonged periods of photochemical smog
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Smog a result of a photochemical reaction of sunlight with pollutants that have been released into the atmosphere. Various other factors influence its formation: geography of the place, calmness of winds, post-harvest crop burning, firing of brick kilns, pollution emitted by vehicles and industrial activity. In Delhi, there are two winds - one carrying pollutants from stubble burning in Punjab and the other bringing in moisture from Uttar Pradesh - that are colliding above the national capital. This, combined with the near-still wind conditions near the ground level, have effectively trapped the pollutants, leading to the smog.
In the context of air pollution situation currently in NCT:
- For air to get this polluted, in addition to needing a good amount of human help from the combustion of fuels and burning of crops and garbage, there needs to be specific atmospheric conditions that let the air remain still enough for pollution accumulate, NOAA said.
- "This stagnation occurs when there is an inversion layer in the atmosphere An inversion layer refers to instances where the air does not cool as one moves up in the atmosphere," it explained. "Instead, warmer air sits on top of denser, colder air near the ground. Since that cold air has no place to go thanks to the warm lid placed atop it, it just sits there gathering pollution like a hazy snow-globe," NOAA said.
Question 3 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Both 1 and 2
Either 1 or 2
Question 4 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Enhancing the reach of microfinance Institutions in rural areas
The development of the powerloom sector
Promoting the use of energy efficient pumps in agriculture
Accelerating the adoption of new transportation technologies
It is a comprehensive scheme for powerloom sector development, simultaneously at over 45 locations in the country. the scheme will especially benefit small powerloom weavers. The scheme has several components, some of which are:
- In-situ Upgradation of Plain Powerlooms
- Yarn Bank Scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Credit Scheme for Powerloom Weavers
- Solar Energy Scheme for Powerlooms
- Tex Venture Capital Fund
PIB ; "
Question 5 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Distribution of free LED bulbs to households
Providing LPG connections to poor households
Augmentation of power infrastructure in rural areas
Construction of feeder smart grids in smart cities
- Under the scheme, an adult woman member of a below poverty line family identified through the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) is given a deposit-free LPG connection with financial assistance of Rs 1,600 per connection by the Centre.
- Eligible households will be identified in consultation with state governments and Union territories.
- The scheme is being implemented over the next three years.
- The scheme is being implemented by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.