UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 61 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka
Karnataka, Kerala and Tamil Nadu
Maharashtra, Uttarakhand and Jharkhand
Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Odisha
Maharashtra is not among the seven states.
- Globally India ranks third after China and the USA in terms of number of large dams with a total storage capacity of about 283 billion cubic meters. Close to 80% of large dams have surpassed the age of twenty-five years, and many of them face the challenges of deferred maintenance. Many of these dams are considerably old (about 170 dams exceed the age of 100 years) and built in an era whose design practices and safety considerations do not match with the current design standards and the prevailing safety norms.
- Several of these dams may be experiencing distress and are in urgent need of attention for ensuring their structural safety as well as operational efficiency. Large dams' failure may seriously affect the lives, property and the environment in addition to disrupting the services provided by the dam.
- The DRIP project is being implemented in the seven States (Uttarakhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Jharkhand).
Question 62 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Northeastern India
- Lakshadweep islands
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- West coast of Maharashtra
- Union Territory of Delhi
1 and 3 only
All the above
Lakshadweep islands - Zone iii
West coast of Maharashtra - Zone iv
Union Territory of Delhi - Zone iv
Sikkim -Zone iv
Question 63 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- Temple architecture in South India began under the Pallava ruler Mahendravarman.
- Madurai School of temple architecture has Islamic Influence.
- The Meenakshi temple in Madurai has the tallest gopuram in the world.
1, 2, 3
Temple architecture in South India began under the Pallava ruler Mahendravarman.
The Nayaka school of architecture flourished under the Nayaka rulers in the period between 16th centuries and 18th centuries A.D. It was also knows as Madurai school. It was architecturally similar to the Dravidian style, but much larger in scope. It also has Islamic influence. The gopurams built under the Nayaka rulers were some of the largest gopurams. The Meenakshi temple in Madurai has the tallest gopuram in the world. The art of gopuram reached its climax in the Nayaka style. "
Question 64 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 65 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
For the first time since 1998, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has increased the monthly stipend of surrendered militants in northeast India. The pressure to increase the stipend came after several requests from the government of Assam, which has seen the most number of surrenders and outlay for the scheme in the region. According to the policy (surrender policy), the MHA reimburses the amount paid to the surrendered militants by the State governments under the Security Related Expenditure (SRE) scheme.
There is another SRE scheme that is for Left Wing Extremism-affected districts across ten states.