UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 16 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Question 17 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
1. Ox-bow lake and Delta are the depositional feature formed by a liver in its lower course.
2. Meander is formed during the middle course of a river.
3. The source or origin of river lies in the upper course of a river.
Which of the above statements are correct?
1, 2 and 3
2 and 3 only
1 and 3 only
1 and 2 only
* Upper or Mountain Course (stage of youth): This begins at the source of river. The river is very swift here as it descends the steep slopes, forming deep, narrow and V-shaped valley. Other features of upper course are: Gorges, Rapids & waterfalls, River capture
* Middle or Valley Course (stage of maturity): Here, active erosion of banks widens the V-shaped valley. The volume of water increases with confluence of many tributaries and this increases river's load. Development of meanders is a common feature here. Water flowing under gravity rarely flows straight for long distance. A winding course develops and irregularities of the ground force the river to swing in loops, forming meanders. Other features of middle course are: Interlocking spurs, River cliffs.
* Lower or Plain Course (stage of old age): Here, the river moving downstram across a broad, level plain is heavy with debris brought down from upper course. The river deposits its sediments, build up its bed and forms extensive flood plains.
Main features are formation of Ox-bow lake, Delta and Flood plain.
In lower course of river, meander becomes more pronounced. The outside bend or concave bank is so rapidly eroded that the river becomes almost a complete circle. There will be a time when the river cuts through the narrow neck of the loop, abandoning an ox-bow lake (meaning dead lake). The river then flows straight.
Delta is formed when a river reaches the sea. The fine materials which have not been dropped by the river are deposited at its mouth, which forms a fan-shaped alluvial area called a Delta. "
Question 18 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Yellow plate with black text
Black plate with yellow text
Light blue plate with white lettering
Green plate with white lettering
In the news ( PIB) : All Battery Operated Vehicles shall now exhibit their registration mark in Yellow colour on Green background for transport vehicles and for all other cases, in White colour on Green background.
- Commercial vehicles such as trucks and taxis have a yellow number plate with black text.
- Black number plate with yellow lettering - these are commercial vehicles available on rent for self-drive.
- Light blue number plate - Vehicles belonging to foreign consulates bear white lettering on a light blue background.
- Number plate with upward pointing arrow - Military vehicles.
- Red coloured plate - The President of India and governors of states travel in official cars without license plates. They have the Emblem of India in gold, embossed on a red coloured plate.
Question 19 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Green Climate Fund is an initiative of UNEP.
- The aim of the GFC is to raise $1000 billion per year by 2020 for investing in low emission and climate resilient development projects.
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Question 20 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
Statement 2 is correct- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) imposed a ban on single-use plastic items at its 129 airports across the country.Single-use plastic items are used only once and then thrown in the trash. Various steps have been undertaken to eliminate single-use plastic items at passenger terminals and city side. These steps include banning of single-use plastic items like straws, plastic cutlery, plastic plates etc .