UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114
Congratulations - you have completed UPSC PRELIMINARY MOCK TEST 114.
You scored %%SCORE%% out of %%TOTAL%%.
Your performance has been rated as %%RATING%%
Question 41 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- The Chief Election Commissioner can be removed from office in the same manner and on the same grounds as a judge of the Supreme Court
- The Constitutional protection provided to the Chief Election Commissioner is not available to the Election Commissioners
Both 1 and 2
Neither 1 nor 2
"In 1998, the Commission had proposed that the Constitutional protection provided to the Chief Election Commissioner should be provided to the Election Commissioners also as the protection envisaged is for the Institution and not for individuals. The Commission has reiterated the proposal on subsequent occasions."
Chapter 38 Election Commission, Indian Polity 4th Edition by M Laxmikanth
Question 42 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- India was re-elected to Council of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) at an assembly of body at its headquarters in London.
- India was elected under category B that represents nations with largest interests in international seaborne trade.
Both are correct
Both are incorrect
Question 43 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
- It is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN)
- UPU frames rules for international mail exchange, and fixes rates for international postal services
- India joined the UPU after independence
1 and 2
2 and 3
1, 2 and 3
- A specialized agency of United Nations that coordinates postal policies among member nations, in addition to worldwide postal system.
- Established in 1874 and is second oldest international organization worldwide after International Telecommunication Union (ITU) which was established in 1865.
- Headquartered in Berne, Switzerland.
- Has 192 member countries.
- It is primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players among member countries.
- UPU has four units: the Congress, the Council of Administration, the International Bureau, and the Postal Operations Council.
- Regulates40 lakh postal outlets worldwide.
- India joined the UPU on July 1, 1876 and Pakistan on November 10, 1947.
Question 44 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
3 and 4 only
1 and 2 only
1, 2, 3 and 4
Question 45 [CLICK ON ANY CHOICE TO KNOW MCQ multiple objective type questions RIGHT ANSWER]
It describe how people arrive at financial decisions
It describe how people roam around the nature after death
It is a government scheme to reduce man-animal conflict
It is a wildlife conservation project launched by the government to increase the population of tigers in India